Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Fanfic Related
June Newsletter Poll CarrieRene 05/16/24 06:44 PM
June Newsletter Information. We are going to do an anniversary theme for June's Newsletter. We are celebrating the fact we have kept this going for 1 year. I figured why not make a poll in that theme as well.

Lois & Clark would be married 27 years last year. Hopefully, I counted that right. What do you believe Clark would get Lois for their 25tth wedding anniversary?

Another Star
A Trip
A vow renewal
Other (you write it in)
0 23 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: FDK: Walk the Dog Challenge: Storytime BlindPassenger 05/16/24 11:43 AM
Oh I loved this. And having it told from Krypto's POV make sit all the more funny.
Well, it's kids of Lois and CLark, so all the bickering is expected. And of course, Laura would be a mini-writer. :-) Well, the skill set on storytelling can be...expanded a little but eh, she will learn!
And of course Jon would play Mr. know it all only to then be clueless himself. Very Lois of him. Althoug there's a fair argument to be made about spelling an alien word. Like...I always found that scene in Superman 1978 weird where Clark "corrects" Lois on the spelling of Krypton and I'm just like "there would not be a correct spelling either way? It's not part of an Earth language after all..."
You know, the whole human pups thing is double ironic given that Krypto is both a dog AND an alien LOL
Anyway that was a cute little something.
5 250 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: Ricochet 10/10 Queen of the Capes 05/15/24 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by ArcadeDreams
I LOVED this. Since it’s a story from over a decade ago, I feel like my future self is commenting or something. I’ve been pretending I found this story back in 2009 and I’m just now commenting. wink

Hi, ArcadeDreams! wave

Are you participating in our FDK challenge?
https://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/299853/fdk-scavenger-hunt-may-2024#Post299853

If so, just edit your post to include a mention of the challenge and a quote to prove this story has a time travel, and then come over to our thread to say hi. smile
34 2,572 Read More
Fanfic Related
In Memoriam: Julie Mack 😢 KSaraSara 05/15/24 06:22 AM
Hey FoLCs, I have a message to share from Annette Ciotola (who's one of the OG FoLCs and who founded these message boards as well as the nfanfic archive):

It’s with a heavy heart that I'm letting you know that FoLCdom’s beloved Julie Mack passed away last week, losing her battle with cancer. Back in the day, Julie was a fandom fixture—part of the original group of about 10-15 FoLCs who would hang out on IRC. She is also one of the main inspirations for me creating the nfanfic archive in the first place—so that we could have a protected place to store and for people to access her stories.

I remember nights on IRC where we were all just bored and some of the crew would start writing, turning things into an IRC Round Robin fic—writing a paragraph or two and then shouting “NEXT!” It ended up becoming a sort of tradition, so many of us looking forward to every Friday or Saturday night when the live fic was most likely to happen.

It was so amazing to watch all the IRC RR writers just off the cuff, paragraph by paragraph as we all waited on the edge of our seats, create an amazing and often spicy story right there live in front of us.

Julie took part in her fair share of the IRC Round Robin fics, but she also wasn’t afraid to fly solo with the live fic writing! Many of us were always eager about the possibility that Julie would write another one of her nfic vignettes—her “Vignette Series” of romps that can be found on the nfic archive.

She wrote 49 of those vignettes in total, and I’ll always be sad that she never got that 50th one up there. She does have 70 stories on the nfic archive, though, some of which are non-L&C.

I knew Julie for almost 30 years! I remember it was just after S3 of L&C was ending that I found my way to the fandom, back in the days of the LISTSERV and the AOL chatroom before we started hanging out on IRC.

More than just a fandom friend, Julie was a true friend, too. She was a die-hard Dodgers fan who went to as many games as she could while enjoying her retirement. She and her husband bought season tickets every year.

Now anyone who knows me, knows that I’m a die-hard Yankees fan, and throughout the years, every time the Yankees and the Dodgers played, we’d have ourselves a little catch up chat and watch the game together. We had our own little friendly rivalry while watching our teams.

Julie leaves behind her husband and two amazing kids. She was such a kind and generous person, and she had a huge impact on my life. And there’s no doubt the lasting impact she had on the L&C fandom.

One thought that puts a smile on my face is knowing that now she can watch all the Dodgers games she wants for free as an angel in the outfield. My heart hurts so much, and I’m really going to miss her. But I can hear her voice in my head saying, “Don’t worry about me, kid. I’ll be fine.”

Annette

P.S. Thank you, Sara, for helping me put this together. ❤️

Julie Mack's author page on nfanfic.com (this is a password protected site and requires you to sign up for an account).
Julie Mack's author page on the main L&C Fanfic Archive.
IRC Round Robin team's "author" page on nfanfic.com.
The LISTSERV "archive". This is where it ALLLLLL started, y'all! THIS is how us OG FoLCs got our fanfic fix back in the day!
0 297 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: FDK: Between Two Worlds (7/?) Songbird 05/14/24 10:43 PM
Thanks for another great chapter! I love this story. I’m glad Lois thought of a plausible cover story to explain where Clark has been and where Jor came from. It’s good that Jor is learning English so fast. I’m glad Jon has telepathic abilities. I hope he’s inherited super powers too.

I can’t wait for the next chapter!! I hope it’s coming soon! Thanks for a wonderful story!
8 275 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: Ricochet 10/10 ArcadeDreams 05/14/24 09:27 PM
I LOVED this. Since it’s a story from over a decade ago, I feel like my future self is commenting or something. I’ve been pretending I found this story back in 2009 and I’m just now commenting. wink
34 2,572 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: FDK: Between Two Worlds (6/?) Songbird 05/14/24 08:06 PM
Thanks for another great chapter! It is emotional. Ten years is a very long time to be apart but I’m glad Clark and Lois still have a connection. If anyone can get Clark to open up about what’s bothering him, it’s Lois. It will take time but I hope they get everything sorted out. Only one chapter left and I’ll be caught up.
5 141 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: FDK: Between Two Worlds (5/?) Songbird 05/14/24 08:46 AM
That was an intense and heartbreaking chapter. It’s so sad that Jor lost his father after just learning the truth and leaving Zara was gut wrenching for him. It’s going to be interesting to watch Jor connect with Jon, Lois and the Kents and to reconnect with Clark. Clark might not be his biological father but he is in every other way. I’m looking forward to ready the next chapter later today. Thank you! I love this story!
5 309 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: FDK: Between Two Worlds (4/?) Songbird 05/14/24 12:52 AM
Jor had a tough childhood. It explains a lot about his behavior. I didn’t expect Jor to ask Clark if he was going to return to Earth after the war ended. That is a brutal question. Clark’s answer was honest but how could he leave Jor or not to return to Lois and his parents. Leave it to a kid!

Thanks for another great chapter! I’m hoping to read the next chapter later tonight.
5 261 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: FDK: Between Two Worlds (3/?) Songbird 05/13/24 03:00 PM
Thanks for another wonderful chapter. So, Jor is Ching’s son. That was a good solution for Clark and Zara but I’m guessing things didn’t go as planned considering they were all trying to flee New Krypton. I’m hoping to read the next chapter tonight. I can’t wait!
2 163 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: FDK: Between Two Worlds (2/?) Songbird 05/13/24 07:00 AM
Great chapter! I’m hoping to get caught up soon. I’m guessing some of my questions have already been answered in the upcoming chapters, including Clark’s explanation about Jor. I feel for Jor. Hopefully he and Jon will develop a close relationship. I love this story! Thank you!
8 623 Read More
Original Fiction
Re: Mind the Muses #5 bakasi 05/13/24 05:48 AM
Very funny and very true.
3 144 Read More
Original Fiction
Re: Mind the Muses #5 Queen of the Capes 05/13/24 03:19 AM
There's no reason to feel bad about it. But if you do try it, lemme know how it works out! I sometimes wonder about it myself, though I tend to gravitate towards more visual methods of working.
3 144 Read More
Off Topic
Re: 50 Book Challenge 2024/What I've Read in 2024 scifiJoan 05/12/24 10:37 PM
#34 Poverty, by America by Matthew Desmond

The United States, the richest country on earth, has more poverty than any other advanced democracy. Why? Why does this land of plenty allow one in every eight of its children to go without basic necessities, permit scores of its citizens to live and die on the streets, and authorize its corporations to pay poverty wages?

I was excited when I saw this book. I loved his other book, "Evicted" where he presented stories of landlords and tenants in a Wisconsin city. It was fascinating to read and gave the reader a very real perspective of the issues these people faced. It was also a balanced approach, showing good and bad tenants and landlords. I had high hopes for this book. I was disappointed. There were no examples. There weren't many facts sited. Many of his suggestions lacked specifics or were not realistic. I feel badly I suggested this one for my bookclub.
27 3,073 Read More
Lois & Clark Jump to new posts
Re: Season 3 Rewatch: Episode 7 - Ultrawoman Darth Michael 05/12/24 12:14 PM
Quotes
SUPERMAN (after seeing Lois now has the super powers): Oh boy

LOIS: What’s happening?
CLARK: We know what’s happening. We need to know how.

LOIS: The suit sure is tight.
MARTHA: I know. But that cuts down on wind resistance.

LOIS: That’s Perry and Jimmy, They’ll know.
CLARK: No, they won’t.
LOIS: How blind do you think people are?

LOIS: The costume feels like wearing long underwear.

LOIS: The hardest thing about being you is all the calls that you can’t answer.

LOIS: I have realized that I love you more.

CLARK: Who’s asking? Lois or Ultra Woman?
LOIS: Who’s answering? Clark or Superman.

Recommendations
Nam Smith's Alt-U series
Nan Smiths’ Supercop
Virginia’s Missing Lois
Bobbart's The Return of Ultra Woman
Too many more to remember them all…

Plot Bunnies:
Possible nfic bunny:
LOIS: If Clark sees me in a cape and tights, how do you think it will make him feel.

Details
The episodes starts immediately after previous episode. Clark considers taking the engagement ring out for a spin. Lois notices and isn’t thrilled.
Lucille and Nell Newtrich, sisters of Gene Newtrich, intend to disable Superman so they can steal 200 million dollars from a money transport. They plan on using the red Kryptonite left over from their brother’s exploits. Nell builds a red Kryptonite laser and it transfers the powers from Superman to Lois.
Lucille and Nell figure out that Lois is Ultra Woman and plan to get the powers transferred to Lucille.
Lois stops a truck. It costs her her heels.
Martha and Jonathan come to Metropolis to put together Lois’s super suit.
Martha suggests Lois wears a mask to conceal her identity. Somewhere in fanon (or canon?) it was stated that Superman doesn’t wear a mask, so people know he has nothing to hide.
Dr. Klein is back.
Goof: they have Lois dress behind a Chinese paravent. In order to prevent peeking, they put up a second screen behind it so she can stand in front of the hinge slits without the camera catching more than a shadowy outline. It’s kind of a weird effect. Was probably not relevant on 90s TV sets but is really weird on modern large screen TVs.
Jonathan is very impressed with Lois’s super suit. Martha is simply satisfied.
Alice has left Perry.
Clark almost introduces Lois as Ultra Girl instead of Ultra Woman.
Nell Newtrich mentions Batman as a real person.
Nell is the brainy sibling. Lucille is the planner. They're both psychopaths.
Clark mentions he wears briefs. Lois tells him she knows and implies it was a joke. Then she really does x-ray his clothes.
Lois is getting overwhelmed with the supering. Clark is getting frustrated by not being able to help.
Lois is frustrated, explodes a table, and accidentally nicks Clark’s forehead in a great callback to Clark breaking up with her during Contact.
The Kryptonite lasers are thrown into orbit.
Perry says he’s been with the Daily Planet for 30 years.
Lois does the proposal in Centennial Park at the fountain, just like Clark did.

wave Michael
1 116 Read More
Original Fiction
Re: Mind the Muses #5 Darth Michael 05/12/24 10:57 AM
Hi Mary!

another wonderful entry! I liked how you did the absentminded participant in a fuzzy style. And at the end of the day, muse being engaged in gaming is way too funny!

I also noticed that Muse got smaller during the day. Perhaps a little more pleading for attention, too? Like she's fading after the workday is bogging the writer down more and more?

Lastly, I am starting to wonder if I should feel bad to not trying to dictate stories while going for a walk. I firmly decided against it because I don't think my mind would want to play that way, still...it's an hour you could spend creating. Gahhhh!

Looking forward to June hyper

wave Michael
3 144 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: FDK: Smart Kids Revisited Darth Michael 05/12/24 10:25 AM
Hi Amanda!
Looking forward to seeing what you will do with our two smart kids wink
they have begun dating again, but are keeping it quiet at work.
So as not to attract attention to the storage closet being often locked during the lunch break?

Since I am adapting almost the entire episode, this story is somewhat longer than the others in the series.
/Eyes estimated reading time indicator skeptically/

Long author’s note is now complete. Enjoy the story.
Longer than some stories, shorter than some other’s author notes. All good. /decides to not list story in the Best Long Author Notes category/

It had been a slow news week for everyone, but that was about to change.
Fun how you can read this both as Lois narrating or omniscient narrator.

Lois grinned and trotted up to him, swiping the apple and taking a big bite as she sat down in its place.
Makes me grin. And wonder what would happen if Clark mentioned he prefers the apple. Was that from the show?

He frowned slightly when he noticed the apple. “I was saving that, you know,” he pointed out.
Oooh, fun. He didn’t notice the apple with all the leg until much later!

Lois smirked, enjoying the effect she still had on him after eight long years apart.
There’s a reason he wears a blue suit?

Everything was just as it had once been.
Except she has a couch that’s comfortable. Also, did Lucy already move out?

Simply put – Clark worried too much.
rotflol And they already broke the curse! There’s nothing to prevent snuggling.

She agreed that just up and getting married out of the blue would seem strange to everyone.
It’s helpful with undercover work. They can book a room as a married couple, hiding the fact they’re there to investigate why the councilman and his niece have taken a room there for the night.

“You can have another doughnut and not have to put in an extra hour at the gym. I can’t. So, I get the healthy snacks.”
laugh plus, he denies her other ways of exercising.

Clark frowned, thinking back to recall where he knew that name from. “Aymee Valdes… the smart kids? Is it that time already?”
It must be really difficult to get your old news stories straight. It’s not like they catalogued the smaller ones.

Which reminds me, just how are they gonna handle PML? Get Lois out of the newsroom before Miranda shows up? And will Lois get sprayed later on? Because with their history and active dating, she might be far less conservative in her approach to scoring with Clark this time around.

; they couldn’t find any proof that would possibly hold up in court. Without proof, they had nothing.
Maybe Lex’s girlfriend or fiancée could get the goods on him?

So, they needed to expose him another way.
Or Lex’s plane vanishes over the Bermuda triangle.

“Staff meeting! Or did you think you two were exempt?”
Ever since Lois started dating the new guy, her work went down the drain. She’s late, distracted, doesn’t get the big Luthor interview.

“You won’t believe the night I had,” the gossip columnist bemoaned, draping her arm on the back of Clark’s chair, and turning, just so, to make sure he had a great view of her… assets.
That’s what you get for dating privately.

She wanted nothing more than to stand up and stake her claim. Clark was hers. She was his.
Oooooh fun! Jealous Lois is so much fun!

Once upon a time, in the not-so-distant future, they were married.
Time whimey fun clap

She focused instead on Clark, leaning close to him with her hand on his shoulder for balance. And if that hand happened to slide down and across his chest a way, prompting Clark to capture it in his own and raise it to his lips for a brief, absentminded kiss, well… maybe Cat would finally get the idea and back off.
She’s sneaky!

So that’s how he got the paper shreds, she thought to herself.
laugh

“Why, I believe he was recommended by LexCorp. Mr. Luthor has been so generous to the school. He’s one of our top donors you know.”

Lois nodded and plastered on a neutral smile, but inside she was cheering. Got him! Well, not yet. But it was a start anyway. She turned to look at her partner and grinned.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if they got slapped with a cease and desist by Bender?

Inez nodded and smiled. “Thank you,” she mouthed, and then quickly trotted off back the way she came.
Awwwww

“I am clearly better at handling children this time around.”
Aww… does this mean she’ll be more open to having kids with Clark? I mean, she doesn’t even have her “Pulitzer comes first” excuse, this time around.

His thoughts were constantly drifting to the past… or the future… or the here and now as it once was.
Poor guy with an eidetic memory.

His perfect memory was both a boon and a burden.
evil

Of course he wasn’t about to complain about the slightly shorter skirts, slightly lower-cut blouses, and that perfume which she originally hadn’t discovered until they were engaged.
Wait, is she wearing *shorter* wardrobe than originally in Season One?
CAT: /prepares claim on prior art/

She knew perfectly well that she was driving him crazy. She was doing it on purpose.
LOIS: He knows where to find my bedroom.

Which brings up an interesting point: might she expose herself intentionally to Revenge? Or actually avoid it and fully consciously play-act the whole thing?

“We won’t let the kids get hurt. We’ll get them out before it goes that far. But I’m not ready to give up just yet. Catching Luthor is too important. We have to pursue every avenue available.”
Obsessive Lois might become a problem.

He loved taking kids flying. They had the best reactions.
What about Lois?
LOIS: be a dear and put me down behind CostMart? I need to get some milk and DFCBs.

Lois frowned and lowered her voice as well. “I handled it before, didn’t I?”

“As I recall, she tied you up with some sort of sticky rope shot from a water gun.”
laugh

“Are you two, like, together or something?” Aymee asked without looking up from whatever she was doing.
laugh

Then the girl just shook her head and shrugged. “Whatever. You guys just act like an old married couple is all.”
evil

. “Sixteen years and counting,” Lois muttered so only Clark could hear her.
She’s evil.
LOIS: She’s frustrated.

Lois lifted a spoonful of gloopy oatmeal from the pot on the stove, wondering if her eleven-year-old house guest would deem it edible.
Better than the slob at the Beckworth School.

So, she had set Aymee up in Lucy’s old room
/points at earlier remark/

even going so far as to take an extra semester of Home Economics in High School –
clap

Lois plugged in the toaster and popped a couple pastries inside, carefully setting the dial halfway and praying the whole thing didn’t catch fire.
evil it’s also good to only plug in the toaster when you need it. There’s criminals out there who can turn a toaster into a remote bomb.

But I didn’t become an investigative reporter just to get my byline on the front page.
/clocks eyebrow/
LOIS: I am allowed to grow, aren’t I?

As much as she was glad to almost be done with their repeat years, a part of her was glad for the experience.
Awwwww

The waiting for her husband to marry her again and finally go on their honeymoon… that part could go away.
laugh

“No, but after a while, you won’t notice anymore. You’ll go back to being who you are meant to be and learning things the way you are meant to learn them. And one day, all of that learning will let you do whatever you set your mind to doing.”
Awww… also, neither Mentamide 5 nor soul travel nor soul transfer actually work that way. Mentamide 5 you could explain with brain damage upon withdrawal. But soul travel, that’s just mumbo jumbo with its rewiring of the brain. Best not dwell on it.

Lois pouted and sunk back onto her feet. “In sync in everything except that.” She turned away; her good mood clearly deflated.
She just need to up the pressure. It’s not like he would complain about sexual harassment to the HR department. Or that the HR department would do something.

“We’ll get him next time,” was all she had to say in the aftermath.
I’m sure they can catch him after he imprisons Superman in a Kryptonite cage.

It was his job to make the woman he loved happy and he could start right now.
Look who’s grown up!
LOIS: He better make me happy three times tonight.

And then he leaned in close and sealed his mouth over hers, making it clear to anyone who could see that Lois and Clark were more than just partners.
Well, well, Wells.

That was a great rewrite. Well worth the effort! Now, I know that you already mentioned you don’t like episode rewrites, but I’m sure you can’t fault an old romantic for shoving PML, HiM and ASU towards writer. ASU should be very interesting with the question on Clark getting amnesia again. And I already did a treatise on PML earlier.

LOIS: Yes, Martha. I understand. The baseball bat is in the cupboard to the left? Got it, thanks!

wave Michael
4 248 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: FDK: Between Two Worlds (1/?) Songbird 05/12/24 08:06 AM
Welcome to the boards! I’m glad the first fic you’ve written in 5 years is for the L&C fandom! You’re not rusty at all! This is wonderful!
10 746 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: FDK: Between Two Worlds (1/?) Songbird 05/12/24 08:03 AM
This is off to a great start! Clark being gone for 10 years and not even knowing he had a son with Lois is heartbreaking. I’m glad Lois told Jon the secret. It’s only right that he knows about his father and why he’s not in his life.

I’m surprised that Clark has another son though the exchange between Clark and Jor about Jon being his true heir has me curious.

I feel for Lois. She got a double shock. I’m looking forward to reading more. I’m hooked and love it! Thank you!
10 746 Read More
Fanfic Related
Re: May Newsletter. Songbird 05/12/24 07:27 AM
Thanks CarrieRene for another wonderful newsletter. I look forward to them every month. I didn’t know about the “like” button. I’m glad you mentioned it. Thanks!
1 207 Read More
Superman In Other Canon Fanfic Jump to new posts
Re: FKM: Share 90stvfangirl 05/12/24 03:05 AM
Really sweet ❤️
2 138 Read More
Superman In Other Canon Fanfic Jump to new posts
Re: FKM: Share CarolD 05/12/24 12:56 AM
How nice! I like that Lois took it well and didn't start yelling at Clark, a mature and understanding woman.

And yes, Janet was right!
2 138 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: A Chance Meeting In A Parking Lot (1/1) BlindPassenger 05/11/24 09:19 AM
Oh what a great and fun premise! And the "If I were me" line...I needed a moment to get it LOL. I'm so so curious to find out more. Please conitnue, yu can't let us hang there!
6 321 Read More
Fanfic Related
May Newsletter. CarrieRene 05/10/24 07:30 PM
Thanks for your patience in waiting for this month’s newsletter—RL has been overwhelmingly hectic lately! Thank you to KSaraSara for the help.

May Newsletter
1 207 Read More
Original Fiction
Mind the Muses #5 Queen of the Capes 05/10/24 05:04 PM
[Linked Image]

Comments go below! smile
3 144 Read More
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7