There was something perverse about saving the Earth from marauding aliens only to be taken out by an act of God disguised as an asteroid.
Unless said god's name is Anubis. Then we're back to the originally stated mission.

“They were trying to get information on Superman,” Straker told the group. “Trask wants Superman to know there’s a government agency, legitimate or not, going after him. And he wants us to know that we can’t stop him.”
goofy Good thing he's not usually x-raying his fellow humans, huh?

“Not that I know of,” Straker said. “Not yet, anyway.” He gave Freeman a sardonic grin.
Oh boy. They know. And they don't look like they're actively preventing Trask from getting any.

No bodies, no missing persons, nothing except for Trask’s insistence that lack of evidence of a crime is evidence of a conspiracy to cover up a crime.”
Well, duh! That's also why it's so obvious that Lex Luthor's the evil mastermind of the the entire Eastern Seaboard.

“So, how do we deal with him? Shoot him, like in your dream?” Freeman asked.

Straker gave him a sharp look. “I don’t recall telling you that I shot him.”
Huh. I actually had the same thought when I read it. Shooting Trask just seems the way to do it. Like staking a vampire. Or having Lex throw himself off a high object.

Do we tell the local authorities that the Bureau is a terrorist organization and let them handle it for us?”

“That’s what we’re supposed to do,” Straker reminded him. “At least in the U.S.”

“He knows an awful lot about us.”

“I know.”
Couldn't they just poison B39's water bottle delivery or something?

wave

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.