Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Fanfic Related
June Newsletter Poll CarrieRene 05/16/24 06:44 PM
June Newsletter Information. We are going to do an anniversary theme for June's Newsletter. We are celebrating the fact we have kept this going for 1 year. I figured why not make a poll in that theme as well.

Lois & Clark would be married 27 years last year. Hopefully, I counted that right. What do you believe Clark would get Lois for their 25tth wedding anniversary?

Another Star
A Trip
A vow renewal
Other (you write it in)
0 25 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: FDK: Walk the Dog Challenge: Storytime BlindPassenger 05/16/24 11:43 AM
Oh I loved this. And having it told from Krypto's POV make sit all the more funny.
Well, it's kids of Lois and CLark, so all the bickering is expected. And of course, Laura would be a mini-writer. :-) Well, the skill set on storytelling can be...expanded a little but eh, she will learn!
And of course Jon would play Mr. know it all only to then be clueless himself. Very Lois of him. Althoug there's a fair argument to be made about spelling an alien word. Like...I always found that scene in Superman 1978 weird where Clark "corrects" Lois on the spelling of Krypton and I'm just like "there would not be a correct spelling either way? It's not part of an Earth language after all..."
You know, the whole human pups thing is double ironic given that Krypto is both a dog AND an alien LOL
Anyway that was a cute little something.
5 254 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic
Re: Ricochet 10/10 Queen of the Capes 05/15/24 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by ArcadeDreams
I LOVED this. Since it’s a story from over a decade ago, I feel like my future self is commenting or something. I’ve been pretending I found this story back in 2009 and I’m just now commenting. wink

Hi, ArcadeDreams! wave

Are you participating in our FDK challenge?
https://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/299853/fdk-scavenger-hunt-may-2024#Post299853

If so, just edit your post to include a mention of the challenge and a quote to prove this story has a time travel, and then come over to our thread to say hi. smile
34 2,572 Read More
Fanfic Related
In Memoriam: Julie Mack 😢 KSaraSara 05/15/24 06:22 AM
Hey FoLCs, I have a message to share from Annette Ciotola (who's one of the OG FoLCs and who founded these message boards as well as the nfanfic archive):

It’s with a heavy heart that I'm letting you know that FoLCdom’s beloved Julie Mack passed away last week, losing her battle with cancer. Back in the day, Julie was a fandom fixture—part of the original group of about 10-15 FoLCs who would hang out on IRC. She is also one of the main inspirations for me creating the nfanfic archive in the first place—so that we could have a protected place to store and for people to access her stories.

I remember nights on IRC where we were all just bored and some of the crew would start writing, turning things into an IRC Round Robin fic—writing a paragraph or two and then shouting “NEXT!” It ended up becoming a sort of tradition, so many of us looking forward to every Friday or Saturday night when the live fic was most likely to happen.

It was so amazing to watch all the IRC RR writers just off the cuff, paragraph by paragraph as we all waited on the edge of our seats, create an amazing and often spicy story right there live in front of us.

Julie took part in her fair share of the IRC Round Robin fics, but she also wasn’t afraid to fly solo with the live fic writing! Many of us were always eager about the possibility that Julie would write another one of her nfic vignettes—her “Vignette Series” of romps that can be found on the nfic archive.

She wrote 49 of those vignettes in total, and I’ll always be sad that she never got that 50th one up there. She does have 70 stories on the nfic archive, though, some of which are non-L&C.

I knew Julie for almost 30 years! I remember it was just after S3 of L&C was ending that I found my way to the fandom, back in the days of the LISTSERV and the AOL chatroom before we started hanging out on IRC.

More than just a fandom friend, Julie was a true friend, too. She was a die-hard Dodgers fan who went to as many games as she could while enjoying her retirement. She and her husband bought season tickets every year.

Now anyone who knows me, knows that I’m a die-hard Yankees fan, and throughout the years, every time the Yankees and the Dodgers played, we’d have ourselves a little catch up chat and watch the game together. We had our own little friendly rivalry while watching our teams.

Julie leaves behind her husband and two amazing kids. She was such a kind and generous person, and she had a huge impact on my life. And there’s no doubt the lasting impact she had on the L&C fandom.

One thought that puts a smile on my face is knowing that now she can watch all the Dodgers games she wants for free as an angel in the outfield. My heart hurts so much, and I’m really going to miss her. But I can hear her voice in my head saying, “Don’t worry about me, kid. I’ll be fine.”

Annette

P.S. Thank you, Sara, for helping me put this together. ❤️

Julie Mack's author page on nfanfic.com (this is a password protected site and requires you to sign up for an account).
Julie Mack's author page on the main L&C Fanfic Archive.
IRC Round Robin team's "author" page on nfanfic.com.
The LISTSERV "archive". This is where it ALLLLLL started, y'all! THIS is how us OG FoLCs got our fanfic fix back in the day!
0 299 Read More