Sara:
I’m ecstatic that you are back. dance Thank you so much for the kind words. I know what you mean about that scene in Superman: The Movie when he catches Lois falling. Higgs neutralization solves that problem. If her mass/inertia was reduced (substantially) by biofield-induced Higgs dampening, the force of him catching her could be the about the same as if he had caught her after only a short drop. In that situation, the forces on Lois would be the same as it looked in the movie.

Corrina:
I’m glad you didn’t find the Superman science too overwhelming. You should see what I remove and never gets published. One version of this chapter actually had the force calculations, but I came to my senses before publishing that version. Interestingly enough, I’m working on a Nightfall story. My version brings science that is much more real to the part of the story relating to the Nightfall intercept. I’m working hard not to have too much science.

Michael:
I’m glad you enjoyed the science. As for Lois and the new suit, here goes: At some point, Clark and Bernie had been talking and Clark mentioned the suit change. When Lois heard Bernie’s question she was irritated that Clark was talking too much about a “family” issue. She also assumed that their discussion might have been along the lines of “Lois worried about fashion” or something similarly unflattering. Looking back, I can see that the scene doesn’t work well as written. I’ll revisit is before I archive the story and if I can’t fix that part I’ll probably take it out.

Bob