“But he’s Su…” Growing nervous, Jimmy moved closer to her and asked, “He’s okay, isn’t he? He hasn’t made any appearances since the train incident.”

Lois made a mental note to later advise Jimmy not to broach this subject in such a public place, especially The Daily Planet.
Tsk tsk Jimmy!

No wonder Clark had been so worked up when they’d searched those warehouse offices together. Without superpowers, he must’ve felt totally vulnerable, knowing he couldn’t protect her. Yet even with that staggering handicap, he’d somehow managed to save her life once again.
Great point. Glad to see Lois recognizes that fact.

“I don’t think so,” Sam answered, “I’m not seeing any obvious indicators of damage in that respect. It could be that it’s just taking some time for his synapses to adjust after the stress of the procedure.”
I hope so. frown

He’d felt different the moment he’d awakened after the rejoining. In addition to the problems his parents and Dr. Lane were aware of, he was also dealing with a strange tangle of emotions - being jealous of himself, feeling isolated, alone and ultimately - out of control.
Yikes! Poor Clark. I love that you wove this in - it is, essentially, the driving emotional issue he has in the first two seasons - competing with him and his isolation that comes from not being human.

“Look at Resplendent Man, and Johnny Corbin. They had superpowers and only used them for personal gain. What did it get them? It’s not just having powers that makes you super. It’s how you use them.”
Bingo Lois!

Slightly annoyed, Lois retorted, “I don’t have superpowers. Am I a waste of a human being?”
Very in-character for Lois to challenge Clark right now. He definitely needs it.

Lois noticed the car they’d used to get there was missing. There was a huge furrow nearby, suggesting Superman ran into it as he landed. The first splash must’ve been the vehicle hitting the water.
So...is he ever going to be normal again? I hope so. I hope it's just temporary like the bout of red Kryptonite in "Letal Weapon."

Sweet ending. And I like the awkward way that Jimmy almost interrupts them. smile

Great story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon