Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131258 11/30/06 07:09 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So...we were talking over in IRC, and somebody was quizzing us on stars' real names.

Norma Jean Baker---Marilyn Monroe

Marrion Morrison---John Wayne

etc.

It got me to thinking...what if Clark's real name wasn't Clark Kent at all? What if his real name was something incredibly silly and embarrassing, and he changed it for career purposes?

This might give him something extra to hide, and in turn, something extra for Lois Lane to find. This could add another layer to Superman's whole "secret identity" thing.

Thought?

It is late, and I'm feeling very silly, but this could go somewhere, couldn't it?
cool

~•~
#131259 11/30/06 08:44 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I'm working on something where Clark has written several books under a pseudonym. And, yes, Lois will find out. laugh

But don't hope to get to read it soon. It's still in the early stages, and right now I don't feel much like writing.

The other thing on my mind is the gender-bender challenge. I consider giving "Superwoman" an official ID and all - with a really silly name.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#131260 11/30/06 09:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not so silly, Mellie! I like her name.

I can't think of anything silly for Clark. Hmmm.... How about Peter Parker? How about Abraham Lincoln Kent? Or Benjamin Franklin Kent? Benedict Arnold Kent?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#131261 11/30/06 10:40 PM
Kerth
Kerth
How about Clarence? Like that stupid, crossed-eyed lion in - was it Daktari? Sortcutting it to Clark would even make a lot of sense.

Now, the middle initial. J. Gee - do you follow my line of thought? He does have a helping complex, after all.

Clarence Jesus Kent. How about that?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#131262 12/01/06 01:52 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Queen of the Capes, what is your IRC nick? I was in that IRC chat and I don't remember seeing you. I mean, I am sure you were there, I was just wondering what name you go under. It's always nice to be able to match up people in your head! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#131263 12/01/06 06:20 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
MrsMosely she is QueenMasha on IRC. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#131264 12/01/06 06:04 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by MrsMosley:
Queen of the Capes, what is your IRC nick? I was in that IRC chat and I don't remember seeing you. I mean, I am sure you were there, I was just wondering what name you go under. It's always nice to be able to match up people in your head! smile
Jo's right; on IRC, I'm QueenMasha. smile

As for people who may need a little help in being silly to the point of cruelty, here's a link which someone posted in an offtopic thread:
Baby\'s Named a Bad, Bad Thing!

~•~
#131265 01/01/07 06:40 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Not completely on topic, but
I can't think of anything sill for Clark. Hmmm.... How about Peter Parker? How about Abraham Lincoln Kent? Or Benjamin Franklin Kent? Benedict Arnold Kent?
reminded me of a patient I knew once - he went by Lee. He'd come in, ask for his rx under the name of Lee ______ (whatever the last name was). We'd greet him as Lee, too: "Hi, Lee, got one to pick up?" Along those lines, anyway.

One day, he came in with a new rx from a hospital, and it had been card-o-plated with his name. (They take the raised-letter ID card issued by some hospitals when you go to the ER and lay it in a machine, lay the blank rx form on top, and run the lever-thingy back and forth once in each direction over it. It imprints the patient's ID number and name on the rx blank.)

The name was General Lee __________ and I (clueless - newly moved from a more metropolitan area to a rural one) said, "Oh, Lee, I didn't know you were in the military." And he rolled his eyes and said, "I wasn't. My grandfather was from the south and was allowed to name me and my brother. I'm "General Lee ________" and my brother is "George Washington ________". I go by "Lee" and he goes by "George". laugh

And re Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing - rotflol I first discovered that site in 2001, I think. I can never decide, reading it, which is funnier - the actual posts the woman collects or the comments she adds to them.

Thanks for reminding me of such a funny site. I recommended it once to a guy who collects "weird sites" - for that, translate to weird OR funny - he had a lot of both. About a week after I sent him the link, he emailed me to say that his wife, who never, ever, EVER (according to him) read any of the sites he'd get for his collection, had heard him laughing and almost falling off his chair, and had come and sat down and read the entire site, start to finish, in one night. Or close to.

Anyway... so, Queen of the Capes - from a fan of your short little funny takes on things... you gonna take up your own challenge?

'Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#131266 01/02/07 12:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What about another kind of silly names?

I mean that kind...

Sorry for the German examples:

Axel Schweiß - sounding like Achselschweiß,
the German word for underarm perspiration

or Rosa Schlüpfer - which means pink panties

maybe Clark could have a name that would turn him bright red the moment he said it. wink

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#131267 01/16/07 03:40 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by TicAndToc:

Anyway... so, Queen of the Capes - from a fan of your short little funny takes on things... you gonna take up your own challenge?

'Toc
I just might wink

~•~

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard