Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Part 2 is up and we get to check in with Lois.

If you catch any other nitpicks, moments where there isn't solid clarity, etc. let me know! Sara did an incredible beta job, but naturally, I went through and edited again and again after her wonderful work.

If anything really made an impact, I'd love to know. smile1

The story continues here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection (2/17)
And the full index is here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection Index

Thanks for reading!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello!

Working my way through my summer reading. UR:R is next on the list. dance

With a little unofficial help from her favorite precinct sparring partner, she’d acquired her own copy of the Luthor Corp look book. Of course, there were far too many people to just start investigating them one by one. Besides, not every one of them would turn out to be a criminal, even though Luthor’s corruption had been disturbingly wide.

Sparring partner? Yup, Henderson is the only one of that bunch who can hold his own against Mad Dog Lane!

So it only made sense that she, the world’s only, unofficial expert on the mind of Lex Luthor, painstakingly took the project on herself.

Ouch! No wonder she didn't run this by Jimmy. Who would want to pick through that tangle of weeds and thorns.

It had been harder trying to date a superhero than she’d initially realized it would be. They couldn’t be seen together frequently, which meant what she considered an obsessive amount of discretion. She had to pretend not to care for him if anyone else was around. And even alone, she rarely saw him fully shed the Superman persona and just relax.

The longer she spent with the man who now only wore the Suit, the more she realized that it was Clark Kent that she’d fallen for.

And she missed him.

Hmm, what a delightful point. In the original series, Lois was initially draw to the hunky Man of Steel, but eventually, she realized that it was Clark that she truly loved. Despite Clark trying to hide himself behind the cape, touches of his personality came through. Still, if I had a chance to go flying with Superman....

She’d snuck in alone twice more later that week, but the building remained innocent. Frustrated, but unwilling to let go of this lead after her ‘antiqxes’ failure, she called in her super support again and asked him to keep the building on his radar.

Something very unpleasant indeed is hiding in that warehouse. Lois needs to be careful, her frequent visits could rouse questions from an unknown quarter. Its great to see that Clark is willing to be her undercover partner and checked the place out. Its good to see they are willing to try dating, in another country. I wonder why Clark doesn't create a new persona so he can get at least spend time with Lois without any consequences?

There is so much going on here! Luthor left a lot of mysteries and headaches behind for Lois and her silent partner to solve. Eager to read the next part. hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I'm still wondering what kind of trouble Lois got herself into. I like that she's realizing now how much she misses Clark and that dating Superman just doesn't cut it.

I'm curious where you will be taking this and how, in the end, they're going to explain Clark's resurrection.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
Thanks for a wonderful chapter! The following two sentences were my favorite. It’s sweet that she realizes this and misses Clark.

[/quote]The longer she spent with the man who now only wore the Suit, the more she realized that it was Clark Kent that she’d fallen for.

And she missed him.[quote]

I’m looking forward to reading the next chapter! Thank you! I love this story!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!

The story was another in her series on the continuing plague of the ‘House of Luthor’ and its fallout in Metropolis. Sick of stumbling upon Luthor’s also-ran, would-be successors through their acts of public malice, she’d decided to take the reins and put the criminals on her timetable, instead of the other way around.
Poor dear, her investigations have become busy work!

So it only made sense that she, the world’s only, unofficial expert on the mind of Lex Luthor, painstakingly took the project on herself.
She could write another biography on Lex. “Lex and I – the almost-wife’s tale”

No matter how creepy or surreal it was to continually retread the tracks of her perfidious paramour.
Wait, she actually slept with Lex?

In her role as the unofficial Luthor Corp clean-up girl, dubbed so by the appreciative detectives at the MPD,
Clean-up in aisle six! Coming through, coming through!

she’d been so relieved to have him back that she was content to take him as she’d found him, regardless of which Suit he’d been wearing.
Three-piece, spandex, or birthday?

The longer she spent with the man who now only wore the Suit, the more she realized that it was Clark Kent that she’d fallen for.

And she missed him.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if she now broke up with Superman and took up with call-me-Daniel?

In fact, she’d bet Superman’s cape that ‘antiqxes’ was the code word for kryptonite.
jawdrop

It was finding that ‘antiqxes’ tag that led her to discover that her own over-protective mode, once switched on, rivaled Clark’s.
rotflol

It had felt like Lex himself was laughing at her, reaching up from his grave to trip her.
I wonder if antiqxes is actually code for Dr. Kelly’s cabinet of horrors and not kryptonite. A joke by someone who feels Lex is kind of a mummy.

Knowing him, she was guessing that the ‘women’s products’ tag would lead to her diamonds.
Or prostitution.

Now she just had to wait a week.
help

She grinned, her mind skipping back to a recent memory of sailing smoothly through the skies, cool night air on her face, strong arms holding her close.

No, she decided, a slow week could definitely have its perks!
Domestic Lois is cute!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Morgana, thanks for reading along! I know we've both had busy summers, so I really appreciate it!

Sparring partner? Yup, Henderson is the only one of that bunch who can hold his own against Mad Dog Lane!
Darn right! And I just can't resist adding this character to stories! I love their relationship!

Still, if I had a chance to go flying with Superman....
SAME! rotflol

I wonder why Clark doesn't create a new persona so he can get at least spend time with Lois without any consequences?
He's working through some things, lol. Glad you picked up on the fact that all wasn't right with him this early on!

Bakasi, I'm so excited for the resurrection. I'm hoping it makes up for the ending of the first half of this story. It's been a lot of fun having Lois fall for Clark when she can't have him. It was a ncie twist to write. Thanks for the comments! I appreciate your following along!

Songbird, aww, thanks so much for sharing your favorite lines. I really like those, too. Thank you for such positive, excited comments! I really loved this story, and it's warming that someone else loves it, too!

Michael, thank you for the thoughtful comments!
She could write another biography on Lex. “Lex and I – the almost-wife’s tale”
Didn't some of Hemingway's wives do this?

No matter how creepy or surreal it was to continually retread the tracks of her perfidious paramour.
Wait, she actually slept with Lex?
Nooooo. It's technically incorrect, since paramour also usually indicates an illicit relationship, but I just couldn't resist the alliteration. Maybe I'll update it to make this more correct.

And she missed him.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if she now broke up with Superman and took up with call-me-Daniel?
I laughed out loud at this. Yes, wildly awkward.

Knowing him, she was guessing that the ‘women’s products’ tag would lead to her diamonds.
Or prostitution.
I wouldn't put it past Lex!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!
Didn't some of Hemingway's wives do this?
I have no idea huh

Nooooo. It's technically incorrect, since paramour also usually indicates an illicit relationship, but I just couldn't resist the alliteration. Maybe I'll update it to make this more correct.
Oops. Then again, Lois does need the occasional editing by her partner laugh

I laughed out loud at this. Yes, wildly awkward.
Glad to entertain!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard