Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Part 3 is up and we finally get Lois and Clark in the same place - almost. The action heats up in the next chapters! hyper

If you catch any other nitpicks, moments where there isn't solid clarity, etc. let me know! Sara really did an incredible beta job, but I'm the worst about making more edits. If anything really made an impact, I'd love to know. jump

The story continues here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection (3/17)
And the full index is here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection Index

Thanks for reading! blush

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's bittersweet that Lois had to have Superman to realize that she had trully fallen in love with Clark. sad Well, at least they are together. They just have to find time to think of a solution to bring Clark back. There's nothing Lane and Kent (er, Superman) can't do together.

Looking forward to the action! smile1

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad to finally catch up with my LnC reading!

Either way, he’d been giving her assessing looks these days whenever she headed out on any Luthor-connected story, and she’d started escaping his probing gaze as quickly as she could to ensure he wouldn’t follow up his measuring look with a question or warning. Perry was one of the few people on earth she had qualms about lying to, but protecting Clark came first, and she was pretty sure that meant a lie to her boss if pressed. So she made it a point to stay a step ahead of the questions behind his eyes.

Perry is an old newshound. He knows something is going on with Lois and is trying to figure it out. That's why he's the Chief.

The non-verbal exchange between these two is fascinating. The red dot's movements and Lois' interpretations of them were so cool! Lois is devoted to breaking up what is left of LexCorp, why else would she spend an entire day pretending to be a drunk. Master of Disguise indeed.

Oh Clark, you need to give up being a 'red dot' and become Lois' partner again!

Last edited by Morgana; 07/15/24 01:16 PM. Reason: Edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This was a typical Lois and Clark scene with the sad exception that there is no Clark. It's a neat idea that they've learned to communicate through flight patterns. But it's still a far cry from their bantering we all love so much.

Can't wait to see how you bring that red dot down to Earth.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
Thanks for another wonderful chapter! I love this story! I like how Superman is checking up on Lois from high above and how they communicate. Lois interpreting Superman’s movements is pretty cool. I have one more chapter to read and then I’m finally caught up. It’s going to be fun to see how Lois and Superman resurrect Clark.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!
The next Tuesday morning found Lois drafting a piece on Metropolis’ languishing children’s hospital, now one year bereft of Luthor Corp’s supportive funding.
Oh dear. Only questions is, by how many did the rate of disappeared patients go down since LexGene stopped receiving test results on their latest developments in various gene treatment therapies?

She’d popped into Perry’s office to let her editor know that she was headed off to cover yet another chapter in her ongoing Luthor Corp saga
This would make an interesting reality TV show!

and bounced out again while pretending not to notice his inquiring look.
Cute!

She was sure that her happiness at having Clark back was written all over her, and maybe it was evident enough that her surly, surrogate work dad worried less.
I’m sure that worry will come back once she starts to show.
LOIS: Show what?
PERRY: /hands Lois work safety manual for pregnant reporters/

Or maybe her stories just sold enough papers that the old newshound had decided she could deal with her heartbreak how she saw fit.
PERRY: Heartbroken Mad Dogs are good for business.

On the way home, she picked up a copy of the Star and a bottle of bottom-shelf liquor.
Playing a homeless person not interested in real news?

Surreptitiously, she dropped a few pages of the Star to the ground between them, then sat down heavily on top of them.
laugh
LOIS: What? Toilet paper would be a waste for sitting on.

So she sat motionless, her whole body rebelling against the enforced stillness.
Patience not her strong suit, huh?

He’d made the Harrington stake-out at the Lexor a fun one, she remembered, occupying their down time with games and teasing her into a consistent good mood.
peep angel-devil

She frowned. That wasn’t quite right, either, though. Superman was still working as a partner in some aspects of her investigations, but…

It wasn’t the same.
Out and about, now he mostly helps after the subjects have apprehended Lois and threatend various bodily harm.

She nearly sighed out loud. Now he had her thinking of his multiple identities as separate people!
laugh

It would be easy enough to scare them off, but she didn’t want to attract that much attention. And she really didn’t want disgruntled parents sending a squad car down the alley to investigate the drunk that was harassing school children.
COP: It’s Ellen Lane all over again.

Her eye caught a flicker of red hovering in the sky high beyond the building.
Awww… her stalker is back!

She watched as the small red flutter moved up and then down. It looked like a nod.
He’s cute!

Too bad that bright red spandex was so noticeable.
He could switch to black spandex?

Maybe he was always looking forward to seeing her. It was an endearing thought.

“Good,” she said with a slow smile, “It’s a date.”

She grinned at the complicated barrel roll that answered her
Yes, very cute.

See you next time!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
UltraWoman, the action is definitely coming in this one! The endgame becomes rather tense, if you're not there yet. The bittersweet relationship is definitely something that they'll need to work out (and they get there, I think) - but it was fun to write this side of it. Thank you for reading!

Morgana, thank you for adding Resurrection to your summer reading list! The final version of The Courier is on mine, and I've SLOWLY started.
Perry does know that something's up - and he'll come back in one of my favorite chapters. wink
I totally agree that the 'red dot' needs to get back to the other half of the 'hottest team in town!' But it's a journey.

Bakasi, thank you for the lovely response! It was so weird to write an L&C exchange with no C! But I thought the absence reflected their relationship in an interesting way. I know you've been reading along (and I'm behind on my replies!), so hopefully some of the other banter further along was a little more fulfilling! smile

Songbird, thank you so much for reading and commenting! It was fun trying to find ways to take the normalcy and the 'Clark' out of the relationship - unsustainable for them, but fun to play with for me! The resurrection is coming in this one - I promise.

Michael,

The next Tuesday morning found Lois drafting a piece on Metropolis’ languishing children’s hospital, now one year bereft of Luthor Corp’s supportive funding.
Oh dear. Only questions is, by how many did the rate of disappeared patients go down since LexGene stopped receiving test results on their latest developments in various gene treatment therapies?
Huh. What a good idea for a story...

and bounced out again while pretending not to notice his inquiring look.
Cute!
Thanks. If she' dodging Perry, she's really got to sell it!

On the way home, she picked up a copy of the Star and a bottle of bottom-shelf liquor.
Playing a homeless person not interested in real news?
Nailed it!

It would be easy enough to scare them off, but she didn’t want to attract that much attention. And she really didn’t want disgruntled parents sending a squad car down the alley to investigate the drunk that was harassing school children.
COP: It’s Ellen Lane all over again.
I didn't even think of that!

Too bad that bright red spandex was so noticeable.
He could switch to black spandex?
No way. I think the ladies of Metropolis would spot those muscles in any color. lol

Yes, very cute.
Thank you!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!

I didn't even think of that!
Well...that's what Evil Readers (TM) are for angel-devil

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard