Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Part 5 is up and Lois has finally found trouble. We'll stick with her in the next chapter, too, to see how she ends up in peril, and as well as another little character suprise.

If you catch any other nitpicks, moments where there isn't solid clarity, etc. let me know! As always, thanks to Sara for her a fantastic bet-job - but I can't stop myself from making more edits after she's done, so any errors are mine.

And if any part of the story makes you feel things, I'd love to know. wave

The story continues here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection (5/17)
And the full index is here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection Index

Thanks for reading! smile1

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
I hope Clark gets there in time but it’s not looking too good for Lois. She’s definitely in trouble. This is wonderfully written. I feel like I’m there. I hope more is coming soon because this is nail biting suspenseful! Great job! Thanks!!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Uh oh. Lois is in trouble. This is awesome writing. Can't wait for that next part.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Be cautious, she reminded herself. She’d time how long it took them to make a trip, she decided, and then sneak over to try and get a peek inside.

Mad Dog Lane, cautious? Sure...

Help Superman!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!
To relieve the boredom, Lois counted the bricks on the building wall.

Four times in a row.

Then she considered banging her head against them, just for a change of pace.
laugh Why her roommates choose significant amounts of libations to pass the time.

CAT: Did someone mention ‘banging against the brick wall to pass the time’?

LOIS: I was speaking of my head, not Superman.

CAT: Hopeless. I give up.

They were nice enough bricks, she supposed. It’s just that the builders had been so decorative with them that there weren’t as many as there should be on a normal brick wall. The whole bottom corner of the building was just one big foundational stone. It made the counting go a lot faster, leaving her without much of a distraction.
This is fun fun!

The irony wasn’t lost on her that she was facing a brick wall in this investigation, now both literally as well as metaphorically.
And quippy fun clap

even if her limbs were cramping after endless hours on unforgiving, newspaper-covered concrete.
She called the Star a newspaper!

She heard a car rumble slowly down the alley closer to her.

Just before it reached her, it stopped.
Cops? Or social worker?

An oversized white cargo van.

She felt her sixth sense for trouble kick in, tingling along the back of her neck as excitement rolled down her spine. These had to be her guys!
What if they collect homeless women?

The pair came back out, and she noticed a brown satchel under the driver’s arm. It looked a lot more like something that could hold tiny gemstones!
Maybe they deliver uncut safes into the warehouse and take the extracted diamonds with them to their next stop?

Her eyes slid back to the cab of the van.

He’d left the door unlocked.

She had to get a look at that satchel!
Oh, *that’s* why her danger sense had gone into overdrive!

LOIS: Huh?

“Clark?” She tried again, knowing he would have already been beside her if he’d been within hearing range.

It’d been worth a shot, she thought, but she’d known he wasn’t due back for at least another half hour.

Based on the size of the vans and the size of the crates, these guys would be long gone by the time Clark made it back for their undercover date. Lois shifted impatiently. She needed to get a closer look before the vans drove off and left her with no leads!
At least she can put “see? I tried.” on her gravestone.

she shook off her make-shift paper blankets, smirking as she left the Star in the trash where it belonged, her favorite and most petty stake-out tradition.
/points at earlier remarks/

They climbed into the van.

She pushed off with her back foot —

And a crash rang out!
Oh boy.

See you in the next part! Considering I’m catching up, I don’t mind the shorter parts smile1

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks to everyone for commenting, even as I'm having trouble keeping up on this one! I've been reading it in real time, and I'm so grateful for all the feedback!

Songbird, it's just a story where Lois keeps getting into trouble. lol Thanks so much for the kind words about the writing. I definitely spend a lot of time to try to amp up the suspense - so happy to hear that it's working!

Bakasi, Lois is just always in trouble in this series. lol Thanks you so much for the compliment - I really appreciate it!

Morgana, there are consequences to calling for Superman these days. Thanks for commenting!

Darth Michael wave
CAT: Did someone mention ‘banging against the brick wall to pass the time’?
LOIS: I was speaking of my head, not Superman.
lol

They were nice enough bricks, she supposed. It’s just that the builders had been so decorative with them that there weren’t as many as there should be on a normal brick wall. The whole bottom corner of the building was just one big foundational stone. It made the counting go a lot faster, leaving her without much of a distraction.
This is fun fun!
Yay! I was so worried this would be the MOST boring section. But I felt like I had describe it since it comes into play (rather literally) later!

even if her limbs were cramping after endless hours on unforgiving, newspaper-covered concrete.
She called the Star a newspaper!
Writer misfire or tired reporter?
peep

The pair came back out, and she noticed a brown satchel under the driver’s arm. It looked a lot more like something that could hold tiny gemstones!
Maybe they deliver uncut safes into the warehouse and take the extracted diamonds with them to their next stop?
Guess again! devil

“Clark?” She tried again, knowing he would have already been beside her if he’d been within hearing range.
It’d been worth a shot, she thought, but she’d known he wasn’t due back for at least another half hour.
Based on the size of the vans and the size of the crates, these guys would be long gone by the time Clark made it back for their undercover date. Lois shifted impatiently. She needed to get a closer look before the vans drove off and left her with no leads!
At least she can put “see? I tried.” on her gravestone.
Yes, I think that's exactly how she's planning to win the inevitable argument, lol.

she shook off her make-shift paper blankets, smirking as she left the Star in the trash where it belonged, her favorite and most petty stake-out tradition.
/points at earlier remarks/
Yes, sensational catch! I love that you made this joke before I did.

Considering I’m catching up, I don’t mind the shorter parts
Do you really like it? I'm actually playing with this format. I'm considering doing this for more of my stories moving forward.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!
Yes, sensational catch! I love that you made this joke before I did.
Happy to oblige! I just write what I see smile1

Do you really like it? I'm actually playing with this format. I'm considering doing this for more of my stories moving forward.
Reading along and/or catching up, yeah, they're comfy. I probably would be much less happy if I had to wait until the next short part. But as it stands, I can get a part done and still have travel time left while commuting.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard