Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois is out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Please feel free to send any constructive criticism my way!
And if you especially like any bits, I'd love to know. blush

As always, thanks to Sara for her a fantastic beta-job - but as I always edit again, any errors are mine.

The story continues here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection (5/17)
And the full index is here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection Index

Thanks for reading! hyper

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I've been holding my breath the entire time while reading. Such an amazing chapter!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Wow! shock What an intense chapter. My anxiety level went through the roof. thud I felt like I was there with Lois, holding my breath so as not to be seen. [Linked Image]

Where is the "red dot"? spider For Lois' sake I hope he's close by! help

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
That was intense! I hope the next chapter is coming soon because that cliffhanger ending has me biting my nails! Wow! Great chapter and it’s wonderfully written. I felt like I was there with Lois. I hope Superman gets there fast. Thanks! I love this story!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As far as Lois Lane stake-outs went, this had been a pretty simple one. Doing her best to ignore the lingering haunted feeling from the mention of The Boss, she set her sights on the skylight ahead of her and thought, Easy as pie.

A simple stakeout? LOL! Since when does Mad Dog Lane do anything simple?

Hmm, with the mention of The Boss, its understandable that she is rattled. Now, let's hope the outcome from laying around in garbage, having kids poke at her and tiptoeing around the Boss' flunkies pays off bigtime!

Onto the next part. clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!
She managed to steady herself and ducked down low, praying she hadn’t been seen.
See? Had she fallen into the garbage can, she’d have had cover: “Drunk homeless person”.

“You bust anything and the boss will have your head!”
Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if they were smuggling missiles or other explosives you’re not supposed to drop?

No, Lex is dead.
Let’s just say he’s meat sauce?

Lex is buried, she told herself again, more sure this time, as she talked herself down. She knew she was being irrational.
Umm…didn’t the Met Star report his body was stolen from the morgue?

You can’t be a boss of anything if you’re dead.
Well ... you could program an AI. Leave detailed instructions with the executor of your will. Possess somebody. There’s many options a voice from the grave could still be the boss.

she saw that the Scared Pair was now headed inside with their crate, while the Butterfingers Duo were already returning.
laugh

. A moment later, she felt the van lighten with a little jolt.
Nice touch!

The diamonds glittered in her palm in the scant moonlight.
Okay, what did I guess…?

That didn’t seem like a lot, and probably not worth the vans and the thugs and whatever was in the crates, if they were even related.
Huh, that’s funny …

What if there’s information encoded on them? Maybe government secrets? Or the true age of various Hollywood actresses?

She turned and dove back in front of the van.

A footstep sounded a second later.
shock

No scary metal bits sticking down, she assessed. Maybe if she stayed put, she might just be alright. Besides, she’d seen this in TV shows all the time, and the hero always came through.
Okay, she’ll either hang on like a DFCB to her hips or pass through like dinner from Ralph’s Pagoda.

She sat up, running her hands over herself as if in disbelief that there weren’t any injuries.

She was fine!

She laughed out loud into the empty night.
Nicely done!

Her good mood prevailed – a locked door didn’t stop Lois Lane!
Yes, but this is breaking and entering, she could be arrested for it.

As she’d learned through numerous investigations with her undercover partner over the recent weeks, roof entries were rarely protected with as much vigor as ground doors.
laugh

Superman: angel-devil

She grabbed onto it to steady herself, and took her last two steps upward.

Finally!
Oh that’s where she’s hanging out at in the beginning?

That was the instant her boot slipped on the damp, corrugated roof.
Okay, you have remarkable skills at a-plot.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Bakasi, thank you!! So glad its holding the tension for you! I know that unpacking crates isn't necessarily a fun thing to read about, so I had to try to make it active! hyper

Andreia, this chapter kicked MY anxiety up a notch when I went to edit, lol. By now I'm sure you've read that he was juuuust close enough - but don't worry because Lois will end up in peril again! Thanks for reading!

Songbird, this story really opens and closes with the nail-biter sections. It's funny because I'm writing something else now, and I'm intentionally trying to cool some of the tension in that one to focus on the B-plot more. (Spoiler: It's not going well - Lois keeps getting into trouble!) Thank you for such kind comments on the writing! blush

Morgana,

A simple stakeout? LOL! Since when does Mad Dog Lane do anything simple?
You're so right - you absolutely hit that nail on the head! lol

Prowling around in Luthor's affairs always pays off, but it often comes with a price, too. shock

Darth Michael,

“You bust anything and the boss will have your head!”
Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if they were smuggling missiles or other explosives you’re not supposed to drop?
OMG, yes, this is hilarious. I wish I'd written this now. I could have added some C4 or acme dynamite to the gun cache or something.

No, Lex is dead.
Let’s just say he’s meat sauce?
Ugh, ew! That's so visceral!
Also, Lex is dead.
Right?
Right??

You can’t be a boss of anything if you’re dead.
Well ... you could program an AI. Leave detailed instructions with the executor of your will. Possess somebody. There’s many options a voice from the grave could still be the boss.
So many ways to torture and imperil our protagonists!

A moment later, she felt the van lighten with a little jolt.
Nice touch!
Thank you so much!! blush

The diamonds glittered in her palm in the scant moonlight.
Okay, what did I guess…?
Nailed it!

That didn’t seem like a lot, and probably not worth the vans and the thugs and whatever was in the crates, if they were even related.
Huh, that’s funny…
What if there’s information encoded on them? Maybe government secrets? Or the true age of various Hollywood actresses?
This is SUCH a better idea than what I actually wrote. lol

She sat up, running her hands over herself as if in disbelief that there weren’t any injuries.
She was fine!
She laughed out loud into the empty night.
Nicely done!
Thank you!

She grabbed onto it to steady herself, and took her last two steps upward.
Finally!
Oh that’s where she’s hanging out at in the beginning?
Yes, exactly! Welcome to the other bookend!

Okay, you have remarkable skills at a-plot.
I so appreciate this! After the ending of the first part, I really wasn't sure where this would go, and a lot of it felt like I was making it up pretty haphazardly! Thank you for such a nice compliment!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!
I could have added some C4 or acme dynamite to the gun cache or something.
C4 is the stable stuff. So is dynamite as long as the nitroglycerin is still bonded.

Also, Lex is dead.
Right?
Right??
/makes hand-wavy gesture/

So many ways to torture and imperil our protagonists!
/dials down bug microphone so the evil cackling isn't deafening/

Nailed it!
Thank you smile1

This is SUCH a better idea than what I actually wrote.
Oops? Feel free to adopt for the next story!

I so appreciate this! After the ending of the first part, I really wasn't sure where this would go, and a lot of it felt like I was making it up pretty haphazardly! Thank you for such a nice compliment!
You are very welcome! This story is right up there with Nan-fic A-plot.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard