Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
And they're FINALLY back together. When I originally wrote this, it was in 4 parts, not 17, and it felt like they found each other much more quickly! Actually, this story was originally about 30 pages, and the next chapter is actually where it began. But it felt like Clark had a lot more journey to explore, so here we are! grin

As always, thanks to Sara for her a fantastic beta-job - but as I always edit again and again, any errors here are mine.
Please feel free to send any constructive criticism my way!
And if you especially like any particular bits, of course, I'd love to know. blush

The story continues here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection (7/17)
And the full index is here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection Index

Thank you for reading! smile1

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
So this is where part 1 started. I'm curious how Lois will end up getting through to him, when even Martha's pleads are falling on deaf ears. I'm glad they're back together and I sure hope Clark will see the light soon. It should be interesting finding a convincing explanation after he's been missing for six months.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
I like that you added more to the beginning. It makes the story fuller. I’m very happy that Lois and Clark are back together again. Hopefully Lois can get through Clark’s thick skull. They can come up with a believable story to explain why Clark has been missing. I can’t wait for the next chapter! I love this story! Thank you!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It would be harder to collect his five bucks with a broken back, she thought.

With a last glance down to the ground, she resignedly took a breath and opened her mouth to call for Clark.

“Hi, honey,” a teasing voice came from behind her.

Finally! she thought with relief, and let go of the roof.

Reunited at last... in typical Kent/Lane fashion!

“You should have let me write that story,” she groused.

He nearly groaned aloud as their banter tilted closer to full-scale argument.

URGH! Clark Kent is being incredibly stubborn! Isn't it better being a part-time super hero with a real life than a full-time one with none? As he mentioned in the story getting a mobile phone registered to Superman would be odd to say the least. Even Martha is getting fed up. Somewhere, somehow these two could come up with an explanation for his 'death' without revealing what he does outside of his 9 to 5 job.

“Clark…” Her mind was suddenly moving a thousand miles a minute, faster even than a speeding bullet. “I have an idea.”

“Oh, no,” he said on a groan. “I know that look.”

She grinned at him.

Oops... Be afraid bad guys, be very afraid. shock

Last edited by Morgana; 09/14/24 01:21 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!
She threw an arm up, reaching blindly above her.
Chapter 7
Which, of course, was how she came to be here, hanging from the rusted gutter off the side of the roof, not so patiently waiting for her own personal superhero to show up before she fell to her increasingly likely doom.
Very skillfully done indeed!

“Any time now!” she said testily, risking her balance on a glance upward into the empty night sky.
Cuuute!

But she’d lose their bet if she called for him.
rotflol

Finding none, she huffed in irritation.

The building wasn’t even on fire! There was no countdown running. No one was shooting at her. She was just a klutz!
rotflol

Gripping the metal frame with renewed determination, she carefully tried to haul herself up high enough to get an elbow secured.
Wouldn’t it be it ironic if she died because she was too stubborn to ask for help from her super boyfriend?

With a last glance down to the ground, she resignedly took a breath and opened her mouth to call for Clark.

“Hi, honey,” a teasing voice came from behind her.
laugh

Finally! She thought with relief, and let go of the roof.

“Hi,” she said back a second later, looking up into a pair of smiling brown eyes. “You’re late.”
She *is* cute!

“It doesn’t seem to have delayed you much,” he said. His eyes were laughing at her now. “I think you owe me five dollars.”

“Do not,” she argued, her competitive edge kicking in. “I didn’t actually call you.”
So, he could re-plant her on the gutter?

His playful threat was empty, but she sighed dramatically anyway. “You know, you could be helpful and take us over to that skylight.”
Yes, very cute.

After all, you could never be too careful with Lois.
Yes, she tends to get bent a lot.

“If you were going to be late, you could have called, you know.”

He glanced down at his Suit pointedly before replying dryly, “I didn’t have a quarter on me.”
Did he just remind her about just how skintight his suit is displaying his body?

She turned the tables back on him by following his glance down, her eyes tracing the path with significantly more detail.

He nearly blushed.
LOIS: /smiles innocently/

Actually, it was the only thing that they really fought about with any heat.
What about his resolution that he can’t be intimate with Lois when dressed as Superman?

LOIS: That’s not an argument, that’s just him being stupid.

Usually the man that’s missing isn’t also the man that can fly!”
He could claim that he was taken by Superman, nursed back to health, and then was kept for a few months as Superman’s personal professional caregiver. They could publish in the Inquirer.

Risk her that way.
At least he’s not breaking up with her.

In the meantime, her partner was already getting that melty look in his eye. “Not yet!” she interrupted, throwing a hand out in front of the weapons, just as his eyes began to glow red.
‘melty look’ rotflol

As a rule, he’d begun unabashedly melting any gun in Metropolis that wasn’t obviously claimed by a uniformed officer.
See? Mayson was correct, he *is* a dangerous vigilante.

“They’re smuggling guns!” she cried. “They’re sending the guns out and bringing the diamonds in. And I bet there’s more money somewhere in this, too! Electronic transfers or something! It’s the only thing that makes any sense.”
Yes, but the value of the diamonds …? It could be a side hustle by the working stuffs though.

You’d have to basically be untraceable and invulnerable to investigate there.

…untraceable and invulnerable, she thought, her eyes settling on the yellow S shield.
evil

See you next part!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard