Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Welcome to the October 2024 Fanfic Scavenger Hunt!

The game is fairly simple: find a fic that fits this month's theme, leave a feedback comment on it, and report back here for points and accolades. This month, as I'm sure many of you are aware, features a certain holiday: a celebration of the spirits. Yes, that's right: OKTOBERFEST is once again upon us!

So bottoms up, refill the cup, and find a fanfic that contains Someone Drinking Alcohol.

Rules are as follows:
Originally Posted by Da Rules
1. Find a fic that fits the current theme (see above) and leave a comment on it.

2. Your FDK Post Must include a mention of this scavenger hunt, a genuine comment on the story (this is an FDK Challenge, after all), and a quote from the story which proves that it does fit the theme.

3. When you have made your post, report back here to let us know.

4. The fanfic can be from anywhere, as long as it's specifically L&CTNAOS.

5. Whether the fic is complete or not does not matter. WIPs welcome.

6. If the fic has multiple chapters, you only need to comment on one; preferably the most relevant one.

7. IF and ONLY IF there is nowhere to leave FDK, you may start a thread for it yourself.

8. You MAY NOT tag a fic once someone else has tagged it.

9. You MAY NOT tag your own fic. Leaving yourself FDK is just silly.

10. Multiple entries will only be allowed after THREE entrants have reported in: This unlocks the free for all.

As for Scoring:
Originally Posted by Scoring
1 default point per entry (see limitations in rules)

1 point per individual drunk character in fic
(Note: Anonymous/indistinct groups count as 1 character. If an individual distinguishes themselves from the group, such as by being named or otherwise acting as a character, they can then be counted separately as an extra point.)

+2 points if a drunk character is Lois Lane

x2 Score for fic if it contains a drunk Superman/Clark Kent

Please note that the qualifier is "drunk" not "high"; the inebriation must be due to Alcohol.

Feel free to post any questions.

Cheers!

~•~
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Okay done! “The Birthday Surprise” by MrsLuthor

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary,

Green Fever by EditorJax over yonder

Too bad you required *drunk* Clark instead of just diminished-capacity Clark because there's that one fic by Carol M...

And yes, I could bring some more drunken Lois along for the fun. Just one more entry and the free for all starts...

wave Michael

PS: I just realized that I haven't actually posted the story part where Clark and his wife are officially not drunk on their wedding night. It was just ceremonial. At least that's what Clark said. But since it's not posted at this time, it's not relevant anyway...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wine and Circumstance by Mozartmaid.

My FDK Post

Superman is exposed to red kryptonite, which in this story appears to make him susceptible to alcohol, although he wonders if it is the kryptonite, alcohol, or both. Until he started drinking he wasn't completely drunk. Lois is already drowning her sorrows in wine when he visits her. They both end up drinking and drunk. Not sure how you'll score this, but it is a gem of a story.

Last edited by cuidadora; 10/01/24 03:19 PM. Reason: corrected comments and removed bold

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Features Writer
Features Writer
Although I occasionally pop into the boards to see what is new, I haven't posted anything for years. Let's see if I can still figure it out...

Tea Totaled by AnnieM and Kathy Brown

My feedback post

Re Scoring:
I'm not sure whether the requirements are just that a person is drinking alcohol, or has to get drunk while/after doing so. Lois is definitely drunk. Lucy is drinking. And Clark is definitely drinking, if not "mentally" drunk, as I phrased it in my comments back in 2003.

I've enjoyed seeing the previous Scavenger Hunts and responses. Aside from just being a lot of fun, they're a great way to introduce newer board members to stories that were posted before they joined the L&C community. There are a LOT of stories on the Archives, and many on the MBs that never make it to the Archives. So many gems can be missed. smile1

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay done! “The Birthday Surprise” by MrsLuthor

Sovereign, where's the FDK post?

~•~

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard