Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
I hope you all enjoyed the cliffhanger! Our heroes made it through! And they've mostly resolved the A-plot.
...which means resolving the B-plot is up next! love
And I promise we're still on the path to figuring out how to bring Clark Kent back. wink

Please feel free to send any constructive criticism my way!
And if you especially like any particular bits, I'm always thrilled to know! blush

As always, thanks to Sara for her a fantastic beta-job (it made such a huge difference, especially in these end sections) - as I always edit again and again (and again!), any errors here are mine.

The story continues here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection (14/17)
And the full index is here (Mike, thank you for all the updates!): Undercover Reporter: Resurrection Index

Thank you for reading! jump

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I'm glad Clark did check the water level before jumping in and brought Henderson instead. I love how Lois is trying to protect Clark, not even wanting to tell Henderson about Kryptonite.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
So glad you took us off the cliff!

A voice shouted out simultaneously, “MPD!”

Henderson?

“Lois?”

She blinked. That voice didn’t have an English accent. It sounded like gravel.

“Bill?” she squeaked out incredulously.

Yes!

“You ever see a panicked superhero?” He tossed a tight grin at her.

Best line in the chapter! dance

Wow! That kiss! Hubba, Hubba!

We are getting so close to the end here. I really want to know just how you are going to wrap this all up.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!
The bullet exploded from the chamber.

A voice shouted out simultaneously, “MPD!”
Umm…timing?

The bullet whizzed past her ear, close enough to clip her hair.
The fiend!
TANK: /cackles evily/
LOIS: /does impression of Princess Vespa/

Nigel wheeled to meet the voice, and Lois dove down behind the empty ‘fertilixer’ crate.
You know, somehow Superman isn’t rolling around on the floor. What’s going on? Is it the infamous Faketonite?

It was impossible to track who was shooting!
Then how can she accurately report on the happenings?
LOIS: Hence the distress.

What in the hell was happening?

Had a patrolman seen her penlight in the darkened warehouse?
Is it possible to mistake a shot being fired with a sonic boom? Did someone super speed in, snatch the bullet, and is now nursing a nasty kryptonite hangover?

“Yeah, it’s me.” Her friend came into view. “Did you get hit?”
jawdrop

“Yeah, it’s me.” Her friend came into view. “Did you get hit?”

“No, I’m ok,” she said, standing and belatedly running her hand over the side of her head to be sure.
I was going to say…

The bullet had cut three inches off a wide lock of her hair. She fingered the newly split ends.
/Points to above comment/

“You ever see a panicked superhero?” He tossed a tight grin at her.
shock rotflol Superman did *not* pick up Henderson at a bar and drop him in here to shield Lois, did he?

“Is he…?”

Henderson shook his head with appropriate solemnity.
Yes, cause for paperwork.

Henderson’s face and already wondering how she was going to dispose of it.
Bermuda again?
PERRY: *another* vacation within two years?

“What is it?”
Fossilized remains of a lave lamp. Nigel never got past the sixties.

Typical, she groused to herself. Lex stocked plenty of kryptonite but hadn’t left her anything useful when she needed it.
rotflol
There’s a fic over yonder where Lois uses a small bit of kryptonite to make sure Clark doesn’t escape his handcuffs. And we got one where Dr. Klein gifts the happy couple a kryptonite lava lamp for their bedroom. For safety reasons.

And unrelated, one author, not sure who it was, has Lois keep a film bag in her purse. For disposal reasons.

“Don’t tell me, then. I’ll just read the report when it comes back from the lab.”

Daily Planet headline: police detective arrested in bribery scandal.

HENDERSON: Or you can keep it.

“What?!” she exclaimed, looking back at Bill. “No! You can’t send that to a lab! Are you crazy?!” That was all they needed! More evidence that the stupid stuff existed.
rotflol

Henderson stood then, and in a pointed voice said, “That would be tampering with evidence.”
What evidence? It’s dried up green fungi. Do you report on every dog poop you step it while chasing a thief through Suicide Slum?

“Not if it was never here in the first place,” she said wryly.
See?

Henderson’s brows creased. “I don’t play that game.”
And back to tomorrow’s headline.

“Is this the reason your usual babysitter isn’t in here with us?” His eyes flicked skyward.
It better be, because if he’s instead entertaining that blonde ADA, that piece of not-evidence will really get some use.

“He can’t come in here with this thing, can he?”

“He can…” she replied, hovering over the technicality.
Yes, but can he leave? Not wearing a black plastic suit that is.

Is it harmful to us?” He finally asked. “Can we touch it?”
Yes, but try not to break off any trace particles before shaking Superman’s hand.

She swallowed reflexively, several muscles relaxing in relief as she clutched the ugly green stone in an unyielding fist.
This will make a fine engagement ring. Superman won’t be able to run away ever again.

“I’ll figure out what to do with this in the meantime.”

A noise came from behind them, the sound of metal clattering to the floor.
Oh, look, somebody dropped a lead box through the roof window.

“I don’t think we have to worry,” she said, spying one of the crates’ latches lying on the ground. It hadn’t been there when she’d passed by before.

“Why’s that?”

She made her way toward the now-open crate. “Because if there was another bad guy over here, I think this end of the building would have already been set on fire long before he got anywhere near us,” she said glibly.
laugh great, now they have *two* fire starters in Metropolis.

She tossed the kryptonite in, and wiped her hand across her skirt. It hadn’t felt like anything beyond a regular gemstone to her, but she still didn’t like holding something with such a malicious effect.
Boy, she’s gonna *love* her blood diamond engagement ring.

A second later, she was clasped in a furious embrace that was somehow both gentle and immovable.

“Hi there, big guy,” she said.

The hug got tighter.
Awwwwww

“I’m gonna need to breathe here in a second, honey,” she finally choked out.
They sure make an adorable couple.

In reply, she reached into her pocket and pulled out her microcassette tape recorder, which had been recording since she’d arrived at the building. She swItched it off.
She might want to edit the last few minutes.

“Yep,” she grinned. “We’ll just have to give it a bit of light editing at the end there.”
/Points up/

Superman rarely kissed her in plain view of the world, even as alone as they were now, behind an abandoned warehouse and covered by night, so he must have sensed that they’d both needed the connection.
Yes, that’s what it is with Lois falling so completely into her Superman kink.

The kiss was comforting.

And electric.

Her pulse sped up and she leaned into it.
She does realize they’re in danger of getting fined for indecent exposure, right?
CAT: My work is done.
HENDERSON: shock I’m blind!

She inhaled on a gasp as he began to trail erratic kisses down the side of her neck, languorously teasing her pulse point. In an automatic response, she rocked her hips against his.
Umm… /points up/

He couldn’t catch his breath and he didn’t care.
/Points at burgundy-colored curtain at side of building/ we have privacy if you want to continue. /Sets up ticket stand/ don’t mind me, I’m just setting up for a show.

She reluctantly pulled back, as breathless as he was. “I’ll see you back at the apartment ,” she said.
Oh? Now, why does this sound naughty?

This was one story she was looking forward to finishing.
So much double meaning!

See you next part!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard