Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok, I think you addressed Elisabeth's concerns.

Can't wait to read CarolM's non-evil solution...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Thank you. You are also right that cold tends to numb one's thinking processes, even though her "will" seems well thought out.

I wonder which you plan on voting for, Tank? The lady or the tiger?

Elisabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another Tank-challenge. I'm glad Carol went to fix this smile The will was inspired clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks to all the gentle readers who commented on this little ficlet. I haven't been very motivated to do much writing in recent years, but every once in a while I get the urge.

My orginal plan was never to 'kill off' Lois. (Remember, I like Lois). The purpose was to merely present a situation where Lois would have to confront her 'true' feelings and leave the outcome up to the gentle readers. It would be up to them to give the thumbs up or down.

Once the will of the fandom had been established then either myself or someone else would take up the reins and give this little scenario a 'proper' denoument.

Once again, thanks for giving a tired old man a little encouragement.

Tank (who did have a hard time writing Jimmy as not a total loser, but as someone said, it was supposed to be Lois' point of view)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Out of town today, so I didn't get to this earlier.
Tank:
I have to admit that Elizabeth brought up some interesting points. Upon reflection, I agree that Lois seems a bit passive. Of course, anyone who has experienced extreme cold will tell you that you don't function very well. You have a hard time thinking about anything except how cold you are.
Spoken like a true Minnesotan. That's why my family left. We don't like cold.
Aha! I wondered what the @@ were!
So on the drive today, I composed my answer, so I'll go a read what Carol did. I liked Terry's ideas by the way.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank (who did have a hard time writing Jimmy as not a total loser, but as someone said, it was supposed to be Lois' point of view)
Ah! I was wondering about that. I actually commented on it, but accidentally lost what I'd written before I posted. When I re-wrote my post, I forgot to mention Jimmy, and how surprised I was that you treated him so well.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Oh, Tank! I apologize. I meant to come back that same afternoon and reply but one thing piled onto another and I haven't been back to my keyboard (other than for work) until today.

This story, though, has been in my head for days.

Like others have mentioned, I wondered why Lois didn't try harder, but I agree with you that extreme cold will do all sorts of weird things to your ability to think clearly. I found her "will" and the intentions behind each of her bequests to be perfectly Lois (most especially that first season Lois, who was the Lois I found brilliantly flawed and believable as a RL person). I felt and understood her bitterness to her parents and her affection for Lucy, Perry and Jimmy. I was thrilled that, *finally*, she was able to recognize her feelings for Clark went beyond mere partnership.

And then I was torn, because I love an angst-ridden, soul-twisting fic on occasion and the idea that Clark/Superman would get there just a little too late and read her will was a drama-o-rama of immense potential. Still, as fun as the tiger would be… I'm a romantic at heart and I want her to live long enough to cringe at how maudlin she had been and try to convince both herself and Clark that she only wrote that in extremis. laugh

This was amazing, Tank. Absolutely amazing. It's simple and yet it's layered. It's a story that sticks with you long after you read it. And, best of all, because you left it open-ended, it's a story I can write the ending to in my head in any number of ways. And each time I do, I bow once again to the genius who gave me that gift. notworthy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard