Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#135325 05/02/12 10:25 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael's comment (from Deadly Chakram's latest story, Contractually Bound ):
Although, there’s still Kal. He can marry Luci.
got me thinking. Hmmmm. What if Clark (or Kal-El as this case shows) had married Lucy first and she died in some kind of kidnapping / ransom gone bad? Then Clark and Lois banded together to find Lucy's killers and ended up falling in love themselves. (Yes, my mind doesn't work like others, why do you ask?)

Or has that been done? huh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135326 05/02/12 10:41 AM
Columnist
Columnist
How very Shakespearean of you :p

.talk nerdy to me.
#135327 05/02/12 11:37 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
How very Shakespearean of you :p
I'm blanking. In which Shakespeare play does the hero marry his dead wife's sister? huh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135328 05/02/12 11:42 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Interesting take. I like the idea of Clark being a widower (no surprise, coming from angst-ridden me laugh ). It's a very different idea with Lucy being the deceased wife- very clever. I can't, but perhaps this will strike someone else's fancy?

Ooh. And what if Clark reallly was desperately in love with Lucy? So we get to see moody and depressed Clark along the way? Perhaps Lucy and Clark ran off and eloped, and he's never met Lois before? Or, more likely (since Clark's not usually that type of guy), Lois just was too busy to care about her sister's wedding or just hasn't gotten around to meeting him. Lots of possibilities here... Yeah. Somebody should definitely take this on.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#135329 05/02/12 12:21 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] How very Shakespearean of you :p
I'm blanking. In which Shakespeare play does the hero marry his dead wife's sister? huh [/b]
A littler reversal of the sexes, but in Hamlet, Claudius killed Hamlet (his brother) and married Hamlet's wife. So in your story, Clark would be Gertrude and Lois and Lucy would be Claudius and Hamlet lol.

.talk nerdy to me.
#135330 05/02/12 12:26 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Interesting take. I like the idea of Clark being a widower (no surprise, coming from angst-ridden me laugh ). It's a very different idea with Lucy being the deceased wife- very clever. I can't, but perhaps this will strike someone else's fancy?

Ooh. And what if Clark reallly was desperately in love with Lucy? So we get to see moody and depressed Clark along the way? Perhaps Lucy and Clark ran off and eloped, and he's never met Lois before? Or, more likely (since Clark's not usually that type of guy), Lois just was too busy to care about her sister's wedding or just hasn't gotten around to meeting him. Lots of possibilities here... Yeah. Somebody should definitely take this on.
Or if it was an Alt-Clark whose Lois was still missing in the Congo at the time he married Lucy. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#135331 05/02/12 12:27 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael's comment (from Deadly Chakram's latest story, Contractually Bound ):
Although, there’s still Kal. He can marry Luci.
got me thinking. Hmmmm. What if Clark (or Kal-El as this case shows) had married Lucy first and she died in some kind of kidnapping / ransom gone bad? Then Clark and Lois banded together to find Lucy's killers and ended up falling in love themselves. (Yes, my mind doesn't work like others, why do you ask?)

Or has that been done? huh
Oooh, thanks for the plug, Virginia! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#135332 05/02/12 12:40 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A littler reversal of the sexes, but in Hamlet, Claudius killed Hamlet (his brother) and married Hamlet's wife. So in your story, Clark would be Gertrude and Lois and Lucy would be Claudius and Hamlet lol.
Do you mean Hamlet's mom and uncle? Because I believe Hamlet himself was engaged to the woman who drowned (name escapes me). And wouldn't that mean that Lois would have to kill off her own sister to get Clark? I believe I don't think I'd like a L&C who would conspire to kill off Lucy, so that they could marry. Lana, maybe, but not Lucy.

VirginiaR.
---
#135333 05/02/12 12:43 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Or if it was an Alt-Clark whose Lois was still missing in the Congo at the time he married Lucy. laugh
What? Then Alt-Clark is married happily to Alt-Lucy and suddenly Tempus time-windows Lois in from five years previously from the Congo? You really are evil! notworthy

VirginiaR.
---
#135334 05/02/12 12:44 PM
Columnist
Columnist
[b] A littler reversal of the sexes, but in Hamlet, Claudius killed Hamlet (his brother) and married Hamlet's wife. So in your story, Clark would be Gertrude and Lois and Lucy would be Claudius and Hamlet lol.
Do you mean Hamlet's mom and uncle? Because I believe Hamlet himself was engaged to the woman who drowned (name escapes me). And wouldn't that mean that Lois would have to kill off her own sister to get Clark? I believe I don't think I'd like a L&C who would conspire to kill off Lucy, so that they could marry. Lana, maybe, but not Lucy. [/b]
Hamlet was King Hamlet's son. Two Hamlets in one play is confusing. lol

Haha at the Lana comment lol

.talk nerdy to me.
#135335 05/02/12 12:48 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Hamlet himself was engaged to the woman who drowned (name escapes me).
Ophelia. smile

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#135336 05/02/12 12:53 PM
Kerth
Kerth
[b] A littler reversal of the sexes, but in Hamlet, Claudius killed Hamlet (his brother) and married Hamlet's wife. So in your story, Clark would be Gertrude and Lois and Lucy would be Claudius and Hamlet lol.
Do you mean Hamlet's mom and uncle? Because I believe Hamlet himself was engaged to the woman who drowned (name escapes me). And wouldn't that mean that Lois would have to kill off her own sister to get Clark? I believe I don't think I'd like a L&C who would conspire to kill off Lucy, so that they could marry. Lana, maybe, but not Lucy. [/b]
/whispers: Ophelia. Chick who went ballistic when finding out her lover killed her father and then drowned herself. laugh

I love Shakespeare.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#135337 05/02/12 04:36 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Or has that been done?
Something much like it. Terry Leatherwood has a pair of tales that together would answer.

The Road Taken and Further on Down the Road

Very well done tales.

Framework4
#135338 05/02/12 05:13 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Framework4:
[b]Or has that been done?
Something much like it. Terry Leatherwood has a pair of tales that together would answer.

The Road Taken and Further on Down the Road Very well done tales. [/b]
Thanks, I'll add them to my recommended reading list. clap

VirginiaR.
---
#135339 05/23/12 03:59 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Virginia

Terry is working on completing this series. Both stories are excellent by the way.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard