Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#166518 09/06/11 05:07 AM
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I have been working on a story which has a scene which incorporates a song. cool

This is done somewhat routinely by any number of authors. I am taking a somewhat different approach on this particular scene.

I feel that the scene can be set by the text, however the effect is dramatically enhanced if the reader is directed to a web site to download a song which they will start playiing at a cue given within the text of the scene. The acutal music playing in the background enhances the experience dramatically. smile1

As I was writing the scene I had the song looping in my earphones supplying me with the flow of the text. help

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
Yes. Unequivocally yes. I always listen to music (tab is always open) even when reading, though it's usually soundtrack stuff. And I'm all for not mainstream. If it works with the piece, and you want to put it there, then I say go for it. As for volunteers, I'm free for now! hyper My ears are open...

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm willing to give it try.

I usually include a YouTube link at the end of the part so if the reader isn't familiar with the music, they can click the link and check out the song. I've been thinking about switching this to putting the link as the first line of the song (using the URL key below), especially with songs that aren't mainstream. So, yes, I'm extremely interested to see if your theory works!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard