Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Part 4 is up with a little visit to Smallville. The next chapter will land us back with Lois, and back in hot water as her stake-out heats up!

If you catch any other nitpicks, moments where there isn't solid clarity, etc. let me know! I'm aiming to submit to the archive later. Sara did a fantastic bet-job, but I always end up making more edits after she's done.

And if any of the story makes you feel things, I'd love to know. smile1

The story continues here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection (4/17)
And the full index is here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection Index

Thanks for reading! blush

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This is so heart-wrenching. I feel for Clark, but at the same time I want to give him a knock over his head. Seems like Martha has decided that Lois is the person who needs to do that. Or she's just waiting until she's carved a sledgehammer large enough to leave an imprint in his thick and stubborn skull.

Can't wait for more.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Poor Clark! It feels like he’s trying to outrun himself: if he stops, all the grief will catch up.

I’m looking forward to the next installment!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor Clark. frown It looks like he's getting paranoid. It's a wonder that Lois is still putting up with his frantic behavior. It must be stressful for both of them.

I hope she can talk some sense into him before he snaps. He won't be able to hold that level of tension for long. sad

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
That’s so sad! Poor Clark! I feel for him. He’s falling apart. It can’t be easy being Superman all the time. That has to be very stressful. Since he’s so worried about going to the farm, I wonder if he even has a place to stay so he can have some down time. I can’t wait for the next chapter! I love this story! Thank you!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lunkhead.

That's the only word (or maybe a few more) to describe what hurt Clark is doing to himself and those who love him best. No one can keep up that level of tension without eventually snapping.

Dropping his warm plate on the counter, she handed him a chocolate chip cookie instead, and kissed his cheek. “Jonathan’s in the barn. Be sure to say ‘hello’ on your way out. And hug Lois for us.”

Martha is REALLY annoyed at her son! Normally, she would lay a plate on the table, happy to see her son sit and eat. Now she's dropped it. To her credit, Ma Kent is holding back her ire, otherwise, she would tan his hide like it was cheap leather. Talk to Lois! Now!

Loving every word of this story. wink

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!

her voice as bubbly as the soap lathering the pan in her hands.
That’s a cute one!

and the sound of the light creak in the door that had been present since he was a kid, though it was too low for human ears, he’d since discovered.
Things he learns while sneaking Lana up to his room as a teenager.

“We figured you’d be late, so I saved you a plate,” she said, moving toward him with a warm smile.
Jonathan: your mother is taking rhyming lessons this semester at the Smallville Community College.

Martha pulled back, and gestured upstairs toward Clark’s childhood room. “We’ve still got some of your old clothes upstairs, if you’d like to get comfortable while you eat.” Without waiting for his reply, she went on, “Let me get that plate out of the oven for you!”

It wasn’t a subtle hint, and he fought to hold back a sigh.
laugh
MARTHA: Lois still a fan of my homemade chocolate chip cookies? I’ll make sure they’re fresh when you bring her by the next time. I’ll have your old room set up for her.

And his mom just didn’t seem to understand. He was Superman full-time now. And Superman wore super-suits. There was no Clark Kent.
MARTHA: let’s see. The kryptonite from when Trask was here saturated the pond water. What do you think, a two second dip of the baseball bat enough to have an effect?

how a dead man might have survived those shots to the heart at point-blank range.
Cloning.

He gripped the edges of his cape in a subconscious gesture, as if it could protect him.
Poor dear! I wonder if we should mention how much he is endangering Lois with his under the covers superman stuff.

The man who didn’t exist.

It was bad enough when Lois brought it up – a fight she pointedly instigated once a week.
laugh

“I’ve eaten,” he assured her.

It wasn’t a lie, he told himself.

The sun here was food to Kryptonians.
rotflol

Instead, she followed the example he’d set over and over again lately.

She let it go.

And with her reluctant yielding to his feeble excuse, he felt himself sink inexplicably further into his Super façade.
Poor stupid dear.

He gave her a quick smile and turned to leave. He didn’t need super powers to feel her concerned gaze on him all the way out the door.
She might want to start talking to Lois.

This was a heart-wrenching scene.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Bakasi, thanks again for commenting! I laughed out loud reading your Martha comments! Yeah, I think Martha may have realized that you can lead a horse to water, but ultimately it has to be Clark that decides to have a life with Clark Kent in it. But, personally, I agree with you - I'd vote for the sledgehammer.

Scarlet42, thanks so much for following along with into this one! I think you said this better than I ever could have! The moment he stops, the grief will catch up. ...but he's pretty fast, so it may take him a while to sort that out. wink

Andreia, as I'm sure you've seen by now, the stress is weighing on them for sure. I just posted chapter 13, and I think we're seeing one of the peaks of that tension. But there's definitely going to be a resolution or a snap!

Songbird, really apt to think about whether he has a place to stay - I don't think he can stop long enough to stop anywhere for long. As you say, he's definitely falling apart. Thanks so much for the feedback! I'm so glad you're enjoying this one!

Morgana, you're absolutely right! He's being such a lunkhead! He doesn't even deserve the cookie that Martha hands him, let alone the plate! lol Thanks for commenting! I'm glad you're having fun reading this one!

Darth Michael, thank you so much for the detailed comments!

Jonathan: your mother is taking rhyming lessons this semester at the Smallville Community College.
:rotfl: It's in an iambic rhythm, too. Didn't intend for the sing-song!

how a dead man might have survived those shots to the heart at point-blank range.
Cloning.
Well, they didn't think of that this time around! Where were you during the prelude to the first Undercover Reporter, when they could have used that idea? lol

Poor stupid dear.
The stupidest. And the dearest.

This was a heart-wrenching scene.
Thank you so much! It was a late add, so I'm glad that it flew, so to speak!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Where were you during the prelude to the first Undercover Reporter, when they could have used that idea?
laugh
LOIS: Hel-lo? Cloning is only for *bad* guys!

Thank you so much! It was a late add, so I'm glad that it flew, so to speak!
Oh it did!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard