Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
it feels really good to be back in the newsroom, and I have such a soft spot for the favorite office gopher. I wish my brain let me write stories here instead of prowling through dusty warehouses. lol Anyway, Lois is back in action, throwing herself into the frying pan. She'll be hunting for a green glow in the next chapter

Thanks so much to everyone reading especially those folks leaving feedback. I'm traveling again this week, but I'm aiming to reply to those and thank you all individually after that.

Please feel free to send any constructive criticism my way!
And if you especially like any particular bits, I'm always thrilled to know! blush

As always, thanks to Sara for her a fantastic beta-job - but as I always edit again and again, any errors here are mine.

The story continues here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection (11/17)
And the full index is here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection Index

Thank you for reading!

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
Thanks for another great chapter! I feel like I’m on a roller coaster and have just gotten to the top before all the drops, curves and loops!

I loved the interaction between Superman and Lois in the newsroom. It reminded me so much of Lois and Clark. I’m surprised Jimmy didn’t figure it out.

I’m already my biting my nails with Lois going to Baxter Avenue in search of the kryptonite without Clark knowing. I’m sure it’s going to be intense. I can’t wait for the next chapter! I love this story! Thanks and have a good trip!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I loved their banter in the newsroom and the nod towards Batman was just hilarious. Green Kryptonite. shock also Yay peep. Can't wait for that next chapter.

Last edited by bakasi; 09/16/24 02:45 PM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woohoo! We are back in action at the Daily Planet newsroom!

She grabbed her coat without stopping and picked up speed as she headed for the ramp.

“Where are you going?”

She punched the button for the elevator. “Baxter Avenue!”

The Baxter building has an 'X' in it. That has got to mean trouble. I'm guessing that since this is after the disastrous wedding attempt day the kryptonite hidden at Baxter Avenue might just be the infamous green cage. Please say it ain't so!

Jimmy, you are so clueless! A computer hacker's best friend, but still clueless! Maybe its best for you to stick with taking pictures and getting a chocolate doughnut from Lucille's doing anything beyond that might not be safe.

Bruce Wayne. shock Seriously, he and the Man of Steel need to talk.

Glad you are feeling better and hope the trip goes well. wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!

/eyes FDK notes/
Hope I didn’t clog your FDK-reply pipeline peep

He didn’t know it yet, but he was definitely flying her to Milan for those new heels after this was over.

Chapter 11
Two days later.
Two days later, the Superman Foundation declared Chapter Eleven peep

The clock along the wall from the elevator hit the ‘one’ for the second time in Lois’ work day.
Oops?

“Hi, Jimmy,” Superman said, in as non-Clark a voice as he could muster in the all too-familiar settings.
Let’s hope he won’t bring Lois fresh coffee, massage her shoulders, or sit-lean on her desk while editing her copy.

“The meeting is set for tonight,” he said urgently.

“I know that!”

“I need to pick one.”

“I know–” she snapped back.
They sound like there’s more going on than a simple business relationship.

CAT: I can get my stories without sleeping with the subject.
LOIS: /raises eyebrow/
CAT: Although it’s way more fun if I don’t.

I don’t go right now, I’ll lose them both!”

She hesitated, digging for that reporter’s instinct that she trusted not to fail her.

“Lois!” he interrupted her concentration.

“I don’t know!” she all but shouted back.
Things are gonna snap.

He’d struck her as someone who wore his demons close to the vest, but not someone who was morally bankrupt.
He is having an illicit thing with a criminal. There’s also rumors about amorous liaisons with organized crime as well as orchids. Although, if earlier mentioned criminal would give credit to those other rumors, he would suddenly be involved in a homicide investigation as the main attraction.

A liar, maybe… But despotic? …not quite.
He keeps his footman up at the most ungodly hours of the day.

Everything in her mind screamed at her that Wayne felt like the wrong mark.
He dresses young boys in thights and chases with them through the night.

“Stay safe,” she said on impulse.

His eyebrow quirked.

“If one corrupt millionaire had kryptonite, they all might,” she expanded, unable to quell a worry that she didn’t understand.
Apparently, she hadn’t yet broken through the mere 23 layers of shell corporations set up to disguise the purchase of kryptonite.

Even knowing they could be following a dead end,she couldn’t shake the feeling that this whole investigation was coming to a sudden head.
There’s still some parts left. I’m guessing Chow is a dead end and the billionaire with the interest in trading exotic weapons systems is a much more likely candidate. After all, he does have close relations to a central Asian crime syndicate.

“Wow,” said Jimmy’s awed voice behind her. “I didn’t know we were working with Superman.”
Yes, it’s how Lois manages to get all those highly placed pieces of evidence.

She shook her head ruefully. Then again, after that patented Clark-and-Lois newsroom exchange, she should be grateful that their only witness was the king-of-missing-the-obvious.
laugh

Actually, it was updated the day before your wedd— I mean, the day before Luthor jump— uh, here, take a look.”
The day before Clark took back his declaration of love.
LOIS: whinging

She pieced that together. So the ‘antique’ code had been replaced by ‘fertilizer.’ Why would Lex have changed his code for this on the day before his wedding?
Maybe because he anticipated getting about 200lbs of fertilizer on that day? Either that or because of the amount of natural fertilizer he was burying Lois with so she would marry him.

She’d noticed that he was always cagey about the details when conversation about that day came up,
‘cagey’ rotflol

“It’s down on Baxter Avenue,” he said, reading from the screen.

X marks the spot, she thought.

She was already racing to her desk to grab her coat and keys before the thought was complete in her mind, heart in her throat.
She should leave directions for Superman to find her without her screaming for help.

She punched the button for the elevator. “Baxter Avenue!”
/Waits for Evie to get back from Baxter Avenue/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard