Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Enjoy a little suspense in this chapter! They've been having quite a bit of fun, but unfortunately they're in the thick of it now, with each headed off to chase a lead and an uncertain fate. Will Lois find what she's looking for? Will Superman trace the gun smugglers? Will the gun that goes off in the next chapter find it's mark?

The next chapter will have 2 familiar characters - any guesses? devil

Also, apologies that this chapter was a bit late. I've been trying to post on Sundays, but got sidetracked out of town. Thank you so, so much for the feedback. It's really been keeping me engaged in the boards as all the travel tries to distract me. This is a good thing because I'm coming to the climax of the next long story I've had in the works!

Please feel free to send any constructive criticism my way!
And if you especially like any particular bits, I'm always thrilled to know! blush

As always, thanks to Sara for her a fantastic beta-job - as I always edit again and again, any errors here are mine.

The story continues here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection (12/17)
And the full index is here: Undercover Reporter: Resurrection Index

Thank you for reading!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh, I can't wait for that next chapter. The tension in this one is so thick. I almost held my breath with Lois. I wonder what she'll find when she opens that box.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
*bites nails* This was intense! Your writing made me feel like I was there with Lois. I’m on pins and needles and I can’t wait for the next chapter! Thanks for another terrific chapter! I love this story!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally getting a chance to comment on this part.

She swallowed. Whatever she found in this warehouse had been one of Luthor’s last acts on Earth. The thought sent a chill down her spine.

What a line to set up this part. I am already getting nervous for our favorite lady reporter.

It was odd. She’d almost expected there to be someone waiting for her inside. Her senses were still on high alert from thinking she might run into kryptonite, but her instincts were screaming something else at her, too.

Oh man, now I am truly starting to bit my nails! Lois is in an abandoned warehouse with only a tiny flashlight to keep her company. As the light casts around the quiet, desserted space, I keep thinking someone is going to jump out of the darkest shadow and say 'BOO'!

Stop it, she told herself bracingly. Forget the creepy nightmare, and get the kryptonite.

If the place is half as creepy as you are describing it, doing the above task are gonna be a little difficult.

But first, she thought, with renewed determination, she was going to destroy this kryptonite.

With Lois on Clark's side they can do anything!

Please post soon. grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!
Lois bit back a curse as her foot slid on the loose gravel beneath her. Her heels really weren’t up for this sort of thing, and she missed her usual after-hours prowling-around sneakers.
She could keep a pair at the office?

Inside, large wooden crates sat piled high, shrouded in long shadows.
Those usually hold missiles, likely shoulder mounted.

Maybe there wouldn’t be any running at all tonight, she thought with uncharacteristic hope.
It’s a sad state of affairs when the investigator anticipates a workout during every stakeout.

She swallowed. Whatever she found in this warehouse had been one of Luthor’s last acts on Earth. The thought sent a chill down her spine.
He could have an exhibit prepped: /draws cover page for The Death of Superman/

she decided that ‘up’ usually worked out well for her, and reached up to mount the ladder, speedily making her way upward.
/Cocks eyebrow/
LOIS: What? It’s not like I dangle from a loose rain gutter *every night*!

It was odd. She’d almost expected there to be someone waiting for her inside. Her senses were still on high alert from thinking she might run into kryptonite, but her instincts were screaming something else at her, too.
She should have taken her pet Kryptonian with her. They’re pretty good at finding kryptonite in abandoned buildings.

Huh.

She’d felt sure that there had been someone in here.
Maybe Lex’s ghost?

“Clark, this isn’t the time to jump out and yell ‘boo.’ This place gives me the creeps.”
Now I’m thinking we need a Halloween fic in Season One were Clark dons a bed sheet and floats through Lois’s apartment.

He might joyfully tease her through these situations, but if he was nearby, he’d be able to hear her hammering heartbeat, and he’d go out of his way to keep her from being afraid.
Awwww

The windowsill showed none of the warping that you’d expect from wood that had been exposed to the elements for weeks. So it hadn’t been open all summer, she concluded.

That meant someone had opened it recently.
So many well thought through details clap

Stop it, she told herself bracingly. Forget the creepy nightmare, and get the kryptonite.
Umm…/points at Clark, sitting wide-eyed in a corner, huddled inside his cape/

Why had the only night Clark was truly unavailable been the one night she just had to come sneaking through one of Lex’s eerie mystery warehouses?
/eyes Evil Writer/
Well?

The label on the side of this crate read ‘Fertilixer.’
Looky there, she found the catalytic that turns sun-grown protein into fertilizer.

When this was over, they really needed to have a talk about the rest of their lives.
Nothing like a possible near death experience of her boy toy to charge one’s decisiveness.

She vowed that she was going to do whatever it took to stop Clark Kent from letting his life pass him by.
She could get pregnant?

But first, she thought, with renewed determination, she was going to destroy this kryptonite.
Let’s just keep this as a priority item, shall we?

See in part 13. Let’s hope it won’t be unlucky for Superman. Or Lois.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard