Keeping me on the edge of my seat as usual. Please, tell me that we don't have to wait another 100 parts to get that first kiss.

Two walls were lined from floor to ceiling with books. In the corner was a stand, which appeared as if it should have something on it....

His eyes drifted from the meaningless strings of letters and to the stand.

It looked as if something had once hung from it, but it was too short to be a hatstand. He shrugged, accepting that he wasn't going to determine its purpose. Perhaps he could ask Lois.
I'm curious about the stand, too. It must be important or you wouldn't have focused so much attention on it. What had Sam gotten rid of that once was on the stand? Or did Lois remove something? Is there something in Sam's past that's going to influence Lois and Clark's relationship or is it just a red herring? Hmmmm.

When Clark regains his memory (or even if he doesn't, but learns he is Superman without regaining those memories), I don't think he's going to be thrilled about Lois taking compensation for him helping out with the asteroid. Not even compensation for his imprisonment. He's going to feel guilty about spending that money on clothes and gifts for Lois. Tsk-Tsk. I see more heartache ahead for our young couple. Sigh.

Keep up the good work.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.