FDK For When You Can't See the Wood by LabRat

Okay, I hadn't planned to quote this much, and I may as well have just done this within the document and sent it off to Labby, but... *scuffs the toe of her shoe on the floor* I already had most of it done within my handy-dandy Boards Feedback Template blush , so it was already coded for the boards. goofy

Just to be on the safe side, even though there's a spoiler warning at the top of this thread, I'm putting a spoiler space before all the quotes. wink

W
H
A
T

D
O
E
S

S
U
C
C
I
N
C
T

M
E
A
N
?

Clark studied her, bewildered by the sudden change, as her expression shifted once more through a bewildering array of emotions in the space of an instant as the rapidity of the thoughts cascading through her brain suddenly caught up with her. Usually, he loved watching that process play across her expressive face and sparkle in the lustre of her eyes, fascinated and enchanted by it in equal measure. Now though, he was too confused to appreciate it as he tried to figure out where she was headed next and cut her off at the pass before she went careering over the horizon before he could catch up.
ROTFL!! I love this!

He turned sharply as she emerged from the bedroom, his anxious gaze searching her for injuries, his eyes scanning the room for villains...
...who didn't appear to be present.
LOL!!

Oh, that was good. Very superhero. Confident. Assured. Authoritative. Not awkward at all. Why did five minutes spent in her presence make him feel like he was back in high school? Why did that smile have him gibbering like a senseless idiot?
Oh, this I love! They're both acting like they're in high school. And Lois would just *die* (and so would Clark <g>) if she knew she made him feel that way!

None of them battered at him, reduced his defences to smoking rubble, had him disorientated and weak at the knees like Lois Lane. And that was just by occupying the same room. She didn't even have to try. He sighed.
Love this, too!

A big mistake. Huge. The sunshine smile abruptly returned, gained a few thousand more mega-watts, and he felt his knees buckle in response. He'd only said, 'hi' he thought in panic. Surely 'hi' was safe! What could he possibly have done that had sparked -
ROTFL!!!

The only thing which stopped him from acting on the lure of that smile, no matter how seriously it buckled his knees, or caused his heart to soar in flight higher than anything even a super-powered hero could reach, was that he knew it wasn't aimed at him.
AWWWWWWWW

To his great surprise, bare seconds after leaving the den of dark temptation, otherwise known as 1058 Carter Avenue, he actually did hear something that sounded like trouble, so he wasn't totally lying.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! He was lying! <g> And "the den of dark temptation" mecry

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.