Dream a Little Dream

Irene, I really liked the way Lois's fairytale dreams fit her relationship with Clark (and Lucy and Lex;)). Her waking thought at the beginning was an interesting one:
How arrogant it had been for him to ask her to marry him without telling her about his alter ego. Arrogance, though, was the last thing she associated with either Clark Kent or Superman. So why had he pulled such a boneheaded move?
Good to see her actually thinking instead of just being POed. Her first dream nearly broke my heart long before the Gingerbread Man fell in the river and melted:
He grinned, adjusted his glasses and ran his hand over his wildly coloured tie. "See! You can't catch me. I'm the Gingerbread Man!"

"But I don't want to catch you."

The grin faded and his shoulders slumped. "You don't want me?"
Awww. mecry Of course, then you turned around and cheered me up with the CinderClark story, where I was giggling at Lady Lucy lusting after a super guy and LOL at Clark's Fairy Perry. Lois's waking moment after the Little Red Riding Hood dream also made me LOL:
Lois awoke with a start, her arms wrapped tenderly around her pillow and the taste of wet cotton in her mouth.
That "tenderly" really got to me.

Fun little story, Irene, and it fit so well between scenes in WHALTTA.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/