George's Big Day Out

Yvonne, until I read this, I'd forgotten how much I liked George. I laughed all the way through; in fact, if I were to quote the funny lines, I'd have to quote at least 80% of the story. So I'll just point out a few favorites:
Francine had eschewed her usual tweed suit and brogues for a stylish linen suit in sage green. Crap, the woman actually had curves, and...he craned forward...legs. Okay, so he'd seen them before, but today they looked so much....leggier.
Uh-oh, George's bachelorhood is becoming unconfirmed. wink
He glared suspiciously at Clark. "You do remember that conversation, don't you? Please tell me you weren't planning the honeymoon in your head while I was giving you the benefits of my considerable expertise in this area."
LOL! I could just picture that: Clark nodding and all the while thinking about himself and Lois on the beach, leaned against a palm tree, etc.
But that was back when I wasn't nervous. And this..." He held up the ring again. "is important. I might fumble it; might even drop it. You know Lois would never let me forget it if I did. In fact, she'd dine out on the story for years. It would become one of those family legend things."
Right, Clark. I believe you. wink
He shot a glance around the room. "Although, since we're here - now I get why there's always such a long queue for these places. Two lousy stalls for a place this size?"

She grimaced. "Welcome to our world, George."
No joke. I really like George's observations on things, but the section when L&C tried to give him to each other just slayed me. I won't quote the whole thing, but I was rotflol

Too fun!

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/