Hehe - he is a 22yo guy... And I did rearrange the para.

"So you're codependent," she whispered coldly.

I shook my head. "No, it's not like that at all and I think you know that. I can't imagine my life without you in it. I love you, Lois. I love you like I never loved Lana." I pulled her hand to my face and pressed my lips against it. "I want to spend the rest of my life getting to know you. I want to raise my kids with you. I want to be your partner at work and at home. I want to spend hours making love to you. And I want fast and furious sometimes, too." I smiled slightly. "I want you to call me Einstein all the time again." I took a deep breath. "Whaddya say? Are you willing to give us a real shot?"
Grinch - I did edit quite a bit of the last 2 chapters [144/5] today - in part because of some of the stuff here and in part b/c Queenie made me. wink But it's better because she did. No, no counseling sessions, though they may need them even more by the time it's all said and done, though Dr. Friskin may make an appearance.

As for the ship v. Navance... Navance was a distant threat - like the sword of Damocles mentioned by Martha and Lana. It's always there, dangling over you, but unless a guy with scissors is running at it, it just becomes part of life [like when the kidnapping letter came when he was almost a year old]. This was much more immediate - life or death NOW. That's not to say Navance wasn't - or couldn't have been when he chose to be - a real threat, but most of the time, it was distant and vague. Lois, on a ship with explosives and a gun to her head, carried out unconscious is not distant and vague. And Christopher was Navance's main target once he was born - not Lois, though his goal may have been to torment her through her son, she herself wasn't the target. The ship was ALL Lois.

Sonia - I know you're not a Clark hater, but I do know what you mean. And yes, I'm going to buck tradition... sorry! wink

Carol

Edit: Yeah, what Ann said wink .