1. What shall we call you?

alcyone is fine

2. How long have you been writing L&C fanfic?

Summer 2006.

3. Have you ever written fic for other shows?

Yes. (Nothing I'm terribly proud of)

4. Current stories you're working on?

Bohemia, my ill-timed Halloween tale (nfic) and an episode rewrite for Virtually Destroyed (also nfic).

5. Your first fic?

Another Halloween fic, Blue. It came to me and I always feel that holiday fics are liberating. You can always blame the festivities.

6. Piece of work you're proudest of?

Hard to call, it's between Bohemia (because its so fun to write, between the action, the darkness and the local flavor) and The Fields (because its the most lighthearted, canon consistent thing I've written). With Bohemia, I feel like I'm writing a fic for me. The Fields felt like I was writing for fandom, but it was still my story, if that makes any sense.

7. Piece of work you had the hardest time writing/finishing?

My ridiculously long first fic, which has yet to see the light of day. It's a complicated a-plot/b-plot mix. Pseudoscience galore. Unfortunately, it needs a lot of work to become a cohesive product.

8. Your greatest strengths as an author?

I'm not really sure. Maybe description? I think that's what people tend to point out in my stories.

9. Your biggest weaknesses?

Oh lol. Emotive dialogue. General warm and fuzziness. Abuse of the "it" pronoun. Wandering characterizations. I can go on...

10. Preferred genre(s) to write?

Drama/Angst

11. Genre(s) you won't write?

Fluff/Crossover

12. What makes a fic good for you?

Narrative depth and evocative writing. I love it when an author can play with language.

13. What ruins a fic for you?

Corniness. Flat writing.

14. Author you wish you could trade places with?

Sue is a remarkable talent. Her stories fit within canon characterization, but also expand it. She writes what I wish LnC would have been-- and her writing is simply delicious. You can tell she actually views her writing critically as she writes, I can't help but notworthy

Caroline K. also has a lovely way with words and brings the characters to life in a way that I don't see very often.

But I don't want to trade places with them, it's enough that I actually get to read their work. smile Seriously.

15. The best fic you've read recently?

Recently? Sue's Conflicted.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png