I don't know if a few drabbles and one vignette qualify me as an author, but I wanted to participate anyway.

1. What shall we call you? BJ or Brenda
2. How long have you been writing L&C fanfic? Um, first drabble was posted in March 2007.
3. Have you ever written fic for other shows? Yes, I've written fanfic for "The Nanny"
4. Current stories you're working on? A story that answers one of Patrick's (aka Framework) fanfic challenges. I'm not going to say which one just yet, 'cause I'm stuck and don't have a clue how long it'll take me to get unstuck. grumble Besides that one, I've got a short DW/LnC crossover in response to James' challenge and a NK rewrite that's been rumbling around in my head for over a year. It's currently still an outline drafted on a napkin...
5. Your first fic? If the Drabbles don't count, then my first (and only) LnC fic is a nfic vignette called "Eternal".
6. Piece of work you're proudest of? Currently under construction. Please come back later for the answer to that question. wink
7. Piece of work you had the hardest time writing/finishing? I have a hard time finishing anything. See, I have this problem with a fickle muse. She pops in, gives me a somewhat interesting idea about a story, might stay around for a scene or two, then she skips out on me.
8. Your greatest strengths as an author? Hard for me to say. Maybe once I've got a few more stories under my belt, I could pinpoint a writing strength.
9. Your biggest weaknesses? See above. Besides writing slower than molasses in winter, I edit as I go, usually after the muse abandons me and I'm struggling with new scenes. Also, I have problems with comma usage and grammar.
10. Preferred genre(s) to write? I like AU, and Alt-Clark holds a special place in my heart, but I'm really not picky. I'll write pretty much any genre if I think the idea has merit.
11. Genre(s) you won't write? See above about not being picky. However, I already know I'm not very good at writing clever A-plots, especially those that require scientific exposition. I stay clear of those.
12. What makes a fic good for you? Witty banter is a major selling point for me. Also, authors that can show me the character emotions enough to make me feel what they're feeling, whether angst or WaFF, are superheroes in my book. I love a good b-plot and am totally enthralled when an author can weave a good a-plot in with it.
13. What ruins a fic for you? I love to fall into a story, so anything that pulls me out of the story can ruin it for me: wordy narratives that don't move the story along, simplistic dialogue, poor grammar, to name a few.
14. Author you wish you could trade places with? There are so many authors that I admire here for a variety of reasons. Many of my favorites have already been listed by others. I tried to list them, but then edited the names out when it became ridiculously long. blush
15. The best fic you've read recently? So many to choose from... I'd have to say the best new story on the mbs is "Bohemia" by Alcyone. It's not done yet, but wow - an awesomely original and spooky story. I can't wait for the next part. The best story I've re-read off the archive was CC Aiken's "When the World Finds Out". Simply fantastic.

BJ